X Theme Tryout to see if it works in my store

Hello:

My Wordpress is the latest as is Woocommerce and the theme as well as plugins. I decided to try out your theme in a fresh installation to see if it works and it seems there is a fatal conflict with my products as they are unable to display properly.

Questions:

When I add my first test product and click preview,

I get this error message on the product page and the page formatting is incorrect:

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in (rest of message private)

Is this fatal in that it seems the theme cannot be used with my products ?

It seems as if Cornerstone cannot edit product pages either. I get an error message if I try to edit the product pages. Is this correct ?

Hi Richard,

Warnings are usually caused by some variables in the plugin code that are not initialized properly but warnings should not cause any performance issues on your site as they are not error. You can have the warning not display if you disable WP_DEBUG on your site.

If you want to use Cornerstone to edit the Products, you will have to enable Products in the Permission’s Manager:

Hope this helps.

Hi Jade,

Thanks for the update.

It seems you may need more information about the error.

The permissions per user role are correct.

The error message does matter. Because the page is not rendering properly on the website and so it is not possible to purchase a product if this theme is used.

I did request in advance of purchasing if there are any conflicts and was told there are not so I decided to go to the expense of trying this one out. Sadly it seems as if there is a conflict which is a show stopper because all of my products have to be customized before they can be purchased.

If the customize button is missing and so is the add to cart button and quantity buttons this means we have a non starter.

WP debug mode was already disabled.

So I’m afraid the error message does mean something in terms of this theme.

Any suggestions ?

Hi Richard,

Would you mind providing us login credentials in a Secure note so we can take a closer look?

And please clarify what products you’re selling (why it needs customization)? Do you mean a Variable Product

Thanks,

Hello friech,

Thanks for the response.

Yes they are variable products. Rest of details private

Thanks

Hey Richard,

I’ve deactivate the WooCommerce Stripe Gateway plugin then reactivated it and the error was gone.

I’ve tested your live site and the only difference besides the layout is in the staging site with X, the guided tour wasn’t activated automatically. You need to check the settings of the Fancy Product Designer for this.

Our themes do really are compatible with WooCommerce and there are no conflicts with it. Compatibility with WooCommerce does not mean our theme will automatically be compatible with third party WooCommerce plugin like the product designer plugin though. We don’t guarantee compatibility with third party plugins not listed at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195.

But, I’ve tested adding to cart and it works. See the screencast in the secure note.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the response and hoping you’re having a great day.

Pleased to see that you managed to get this working - when I read your message I realised I have not activated my Stripe account yet. Mainly because the development was not really advanced enough.

Did you manage to take a look at the editing of the product page ?

Many thanks

Richard Andrews

Hi Richard,

The issue with product editing in cornerstone is due to Product designer. And the content created in the builder will appear in product tabbed description.

Once you disable your product designer plugin, please go to Theme Options > Woocommerce > SINGLE PRODUCT and enable PRODUCT TABS. Then enable the DESCRIPTION TAB. The description tab is currently hidden from your products page.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.