X Theme, PHP 7.1 and WooCommerce

I have inherited a site with X Theme on it and it is currently displaying an error in the CMS. These errors are concerned with Woocommerce in the X theme folder. We don’t even have Woocommerce on this site…

The site has version 6.2.5 of X theme and 3.2.5 of Cornerstone.

Error below (note: xxx is the full path of the file)

FILE: /xxx/wp-content/themes/x/woocommerce/cart/cross-sells.php
FOUND 1 ERROR AFFECTING 1 LINE
26 | ERROR | Using a call-time pass-by-reference is deprecated since PHP 5.3 and prohibited since PHP 5.4

FILE: /xxx/wp-content/themes/x/woocommerce/single-product/related.php
26 | ERROR | Using a call-time pass-by-reference is deprecated since PHP 5.3 and prohibited since PHP 5.4

FILE: /xxx/wp-content/themes/x/woocommerce/single-product/up-sells.php

I can also see a whole pile of js errors in the console, all from a cs-vendor.js file.

Do you know how I can rectify these errors?

Hello Vicki,

Thanks for writing in! Can you please confirmed that you have updated to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 6.2.5
  • Cornerstone 3.2.5

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

And lastly, please make sure that you have meet the requirements to run WordPress. Please check out this page: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Yes RueNel, It is running the latest version. I mentioned that in the original post…

It is hosted on SiteGround and is running PHP 7.1 (as was mentioned in the title of the post).

Please advise if you have any suggestions what could be causing these issues.

Hello Vicki,

By the way, where is these errors displaying from? Are you using a plugin to scan or this error displays right in your WP admin area? ​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials, if necessary, so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password (only if necessary)

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

It is a SiteGround Plugin. When you login you will see a notice at the top:

When you ‘click here’ then click on ‘see errors’ you will see the information relating to the error.

Unfortunately this is causing Cornerstone to hang and not load.

Hi Vicki,

It was Autoptimize plugin that was casing the issue with Cornerstone.
I deactivated it and Cornerstone works.

I don’t think you need that plugin as you already have WP Fastest cache and SG Optimizer Active.

Thanks

Thank you Paul

You’re welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.