X Theme - Page Builder renders blank elements

When I go into Cornerstone on X theme, the sections and rows are blank. But if I go into the skeleton mode, and click on the classic text element, I do see content. But if I go into builder more, the page is blank.

When I visit the page, it is also blank. When I look at the source, the source is also empty for those sections and rows.

I’ll put the WP credentials into a secure note.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

The cs-vendor.js file not loading properly as it is the main file of the Cornerstone and needs to be loaded. I did get this error while trying to check the different page using Cornerstone:

There is a false alarm on one of the security software regarding a virus on that file which we already followed up with the developers of the software and we did not get any response. Here you can find detailed information regarding the case:

My guess is that the same thing is happening on your server and it blocks that file suspecting it having a virus. I suggest that you contact your server administrator and ask them to whitelist that file. I added the exact URL of that file to the Secure Note.

Our development team is in the process of changing the code in a way that prevents this false detection and it will be available in the February release, but I strongly suggest to contact your server administrator as it will be the quickest way.

Please refer this thread for possible solution.

Thanks

Thanks for the info, however, I do not see a URL in the secure note.

Hey There,

Sorry, Basanta must have forgotten to post the secure note.

I’ve taken another investigation in your site and I found out that you are not using the same protocol in your dashboard and in your settings. Please check out the image below:

Bothe the site url and WordPress address url must have the same https protocol along with your dashboard. Cornerstone will not load because of CORS (Cross Origin Resource Sharing) issue if they are not the same. You can force the setting by editing your wp-config.php file and added this:

define('WP_HOME','https://example.com');
define('WP_SITEURL','https://example.com');

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

I fixed the mismatch in protocol
Checked with the hosting vendor, and they have not blacklisted any files on my server.
Cache is off.
I even created a new page, and used a page level template to “clone” it. Still renders blank.
I also fixed all the mixed-content warnings as well.

But the two pages content area renders as blank, even though I can see them in the skeleton mode.

Hi there,

It seems to be okay now, are you referring to this shortcode [wpv-view name="testimonial-slider"]? It’s not fully compatible with the builder preview since it requires proper integration with the script.

Thanks!

Not exactly. I know the wp-views shortcode has an issue. If you log into the site, navigate to the preview page that I’ve entered into the secure note.

The page looks fine on the front-end (what the website visitor would see).

It’s on the back end that the page is blank. If you edit the page with Cornerstone, the entire content area (its using content with right sidebar) is blank.

If you enter the skeleton mode, you will see that it has classic section, classic row and classic columns.
If you click on one of the classic text element, it will show you the text that is properly rendered on the front-end.

What I don’t understand is why none of the sections, rows, columns and elements show up in the page builder mode.

Hi There,

Please do a test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.