X Theme Options Won't load

From the dashboard, when I go to X/Theme Options nothing loads. I get a spinning loader on white screen. Can’t get the theme options to load.

Latest theme version is installed.

please help!!! :smiley:

Hi @gracesa,

Thanks for reaching out.

I checked your two sites and I don’t see any cache, perhaps this is performance related. Would you mind providing the site’s URL in quesiton, then its admin login credentials in a secure note? For the meantime, please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

3. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

4. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

5. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

I posted what I hope is a private response. See above

Hi @gracesa

I’ve checked your website and I can see there are two plugins that might be related to this issue:

• User Role Editor - this one is activated on the whole network and some of the rules might be interfering with the Cornerstone rules defined in (X > Settings > Permissions).

• Essential Addons for Cornerstone - I’m not really sure about what this plugin do.

Can you confirm that you disabled these two plugins and the issue was still existing? or if you can provide us with a network admin account (super admin).

Thanks.

I disabled the plugins at the network level. Still seeing the same issue. credentials are above

Hi again,

I believe there is an issue with your installed version of theme, can you please re-install X theme and see if this resolves the issue. Also make sure the user role you’re testing with has admin rights.

Let us know how this goes!

Won’t I lose the formatting and content on what I’ve created if I reinstall the theme?

Also…I tried to install the theme yesterday and the install failed since there was already a path /themes/x

Hello There,

You will not lose any formatting and contents. Just re install the theme manually. You will have to do the following:

• Browse to the wp-content/themes/pro/ folder or wp-content/themes/x/
  • Rename pro into old_pro folder or x into old_x folder
  • Go to your dashboard (https://theme.co/apex/dashboard) and download the latest copy.
  • Unzip the file and upload x or pro folder to the themes folder wp-content/themes/

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.