X-theme not what it is advertised to be

Hello,

Just sharing to hopefully save others the headache.

I am using a child theme with the Renew stack.

I found here that I cannot edit the header.php (or footer.php) file because it does not exist in any of the files. Saw in this forum in the past that file was available but now it is missing.

I’m I understanding correctly that the Pro version is the only one that allows access to the file?

Never seen this in any other themes I have purchased in the past, keeping “locked” sections of the theme. I wish X-theme made it clear and upfront that I would not have full access to edit the theme as needed.

Allowing some tweaking to the header and footer files should be available right after purchase and not some notes later about upgrading to truly have full access.

I am especially concerned because I have been reading that the Pro version takes away the demo usage options (don’t like that at all). So losing features if I upgrade…?

Additionally, I read here regarding the Pro version, there are numerous issues with getting a functional and compatible header to work with theme.
Why are there not default header and footer files available to the Pro users?

Honestly, I feel mislead about the capabilities of this X-theme.

Please correct me if I am wrong about any of the above.

Otherwise, I think you guys might want to change the wording and featurs listings to allow a customer to be more aware of the real limitations and costs of this theme.

Thank you for reading,
Ray

As far as I know you can edit it. Look in Theme folder.

Here you can read how it is working:

Customizations - Best Practices

As far as I know you can access the files.

Locked sections??? :confused:

Of course you can tweak your code.

Have a look here:

Customizations - Actions and Filters in X/Pro

Of course there are examples for the header and footer builder in X Pro.
And lots more examples by downloading the examples via the Template Manager. Also you will have access to the Design Cloud with examples for design presets, headers, footers, contents and so on.
You have also the possibility to insert your own js and css for each element or globally in the theme options. Also you can create your own functions in functions.php and insert it by creating a shortcode.
There are no limits. Depends on your coding knowledge but you can find a lot in the forum or online. there is an active community. And the support will help you as long as it is in the scope. The support is really great!

I am not from the support but working with X and X Pro for years now. And the guys are really working hard and doing a phenomenal job.

I have tried a lot and still having a look what other theme publisher are doing. And I am really convinced that Themeco is one of the best in this area. And in a few weeks there will come the hugest update ever to X and Pro. And before it will released it will be tested by “beta users”. And there are a lot of users who are testing the betas.

If I am wrong with something correct me please.

Please ask if you have any further questions.

Greetz

scitch

Hello Raymond,

Thanks for writing in!

We are using a complex template structure to be able to have 4 stacks to choose from. Each of the stacks is a custom built design with unique features. This is why we do not have an ordinary header.php file. Of course, you can still edit it if you need to. And because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

Once you have your child theme active and ready, please follow these steps below:
1] Using Notepad or TextEdit or Sublime Text or any text editor, please create a new file in your local machine.
2] Insert the following code into that new file

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/GLOBAL/_HEADER.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Declares the DOCTYPE for the site and includes the <head>.
// =============================================================================

?>

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html class="no-js" <?php language_attributes(); ?>>

<head>
  <?php wp_head(); ?>
</head>

<body <?php body_class(); ?>>

<?php do_action( 'x_after_body_begin' ); ?>

<div id="x-root" class="x-root">

<?php do_action( 'x_before_site_begin' ); ?>

<div id="top" class="site">

<?php do_action( 'x_after_site_begin' ); ?>

Of course, please do not forget any modifications that you want to add.

3] Save the file named as header.php
4] Upload this file to your server in the child theme’s folder wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/global

@scitch:
Thanks for chiming in!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.