X theme interfering with WordPress?

After activating the x theme and entering the themeforest purchase code (and then, the pro license number), I still cannot access the “corner stone” and “theme options” links. Whenever I click on them, I get kicked back to my wordpress login page. I cannot access those links at all. It even messes with other areas of wordpress causing other areas, like jetpack settings (for example) to be unaccessable (kicking me back to the login page. When I choose another theme deactivating the x theme, all is well. Any ideas???

Update: I’ve deactivated all plugins (except corner stone because it automatically activates once you visit the x theme dashboard) and still the same result - I keep getting kicked back to the Wordpress login page. I can activate any other Wordpress theme and none of these problems occur. I’ve tried my hosting provider (Bluehost) and they advise the same things I’ve already done (deactivating plugins, making sure wordless has been updated, the theme is the latest version, etc. … but so far no change in status…

I’m able to do (some) things like, install demo content, visit my plugins page, Wordpress and x theme dashboards, but (again) not the x theme options or cornerstone pages…

Hello There,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.

2. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1

3. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Thanks for your response, but having to troubleshoot to this level definitely is a concern for the future. I’ve never had a theme malfunction like this. I thinks its safer to look else where. No further assistance required (unless you can give me a refund of course)…

Hi @sbruppe,

Based on your provided information, it’s not a theme and cornerstone issue since it doesn’t handle any login session of Wordpress. And regardless of theme or plugin, you’ll still need to do some troubleshooting especially a Wordpress system is a modular type where plugins and themes, and even libraries are from different authors. An example is a cache plugin in which active on your site, its from different author which could cause issues to any theme or builder even though there is no issue with the theme or builder. Another example is outdated Wordpress core in which the log-in session is greatly affected. This is not a theme malfunction, but I could check it first to see what’s going on.

Would you mind providing your admin login credentials in a secure note? We provided the troubleshooting guide based on common issues in Wordpress that affect any theme.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.