X Theme Integrity Questions

I have been able to find most of the questions I have had online, browsing previously posted questions, but cannot seem to find exactly what I need for two issues I am having.

This is the site I am working on: http://rhondadevlin.com

I have two questions:

1. MENU BAR:
    Under the menu item SERVICES is
    COMPREHENSIVE CARE
    COUNSELING SERVICES
    CLINICAL SERVICES
    LABS
    FAQ

The problem I am having is that LABS pops up on top of CLINICAL SERVICES. I want it to automatically pop to the right of CLINICAL SERVICES, so you know that LABS is a part of CLINICAL SERVICES.

Also, is it possible to disable the top menu items that have submenu items from being clickable? Currently,
MEET RHONDA SERVICES PRODUCTS
are all clickable if you double click the top menu item.

1. On the home page, I would like for the first three lines to load completely separately. So,

Imagine the life you have always wanted to live…
(completely load, then…)

What’s holding you back?
(completely load, then…)

Emotional mess…? Physical and medical issues…? Spiritual distress…?

Is there a way to delay each line until the one before it completely loads?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi,

I checked and can see you have incompatible version of the theme and cornerstone.

Please update your theme and cornerstone to latest versions.

X 6.3.6, Cornerstone 3.3.6

Remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Thanks

I have done all that you have instructed, and still have the same issues.

Hello @TwoFruits,

You are having this issue because you have added this custom css:

.masthead-inline .x-navbar .desktop .sub-menu {
    left: 0;
    padding-left: 0em;
}

Please remove that code from Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and in X > Theme Options > Custom CSS. Have it updates using this code instead:

.masthead-inline .x-navbar .desktop .sub-menu .sub-menu {
    left: 100%;
    right: auto;
}

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

That worked perfectly!
I’m still trying to learn what all of the CSS coding does. I greatly appreciate your help!

Now, two more questions:

The main menu items which have submenu items- I do not want the main menu items to be clickable. So,

MEET RHONDA SERVICES PRODUCTS

I do not want those to be clickable, but to simply bring up the drop down menu items.

Also- the home page- the typed text…
How can I get it to type each individual line completely before typing out the next line?

Again, thank you so much for your help!

Hey Adrian,

Unlike the Pro, X does not have an option to choose a Sub Menu Trigger so the parent element will trigger the sub-menu instead of the sub-indicator. The behavior in X can be overridden using custom CSS. I’ll post the code to override it but please note that custom coding is outside the scope of our support. I’m sorry if this wasn’t made clear.

If you have more header changes or you would want a header design that can’t be achieved using X, I’d strongly recommend that you upgrade to Pro.

Below is the CSS override for the sub-menu. But again, this is outside the scope of our support. Issues that will arise from the use of this code and further enhancement should be forwarded to a third party developer.

.x-sub-toggle {
    width: 100%;
    text-align: right;
}

.x-sub-toggle>span {
    padding-right: 10px;
}

For the Text Typing, you need to first count the first line’s duration to complete typing. Input that time in the 2nd Text Type’s Start Delay. 1 Second is 1000 MS. For the third line, combine the 1st and 2nd’s duration for the start delay.

To clearly see what I mean, please watch the screencast at https://youtu.be/4zn6vx08iM0

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your help! I did not realize this option was not a feature of X. I will consider the upgrade.

Again, thank you for all of your help!

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.