X Theme Extensions Won't Install

Hello! I’m trying to install the Extension Plugins to my website. But, clicking the “Install” button doesn’t do anything at all. It worked fine on my other websites.

Please help! Thanks!

It looks like for each individual install button I need to manually unblock connections from my hosting server. Is there any way to get around that? Is there a list of IPs I can provide my hosting server that will allow me to use the theme and the plugins?

Hi,

You can make sure that the following are met.

-Ensure my site can reach this domain: community.theme.co
-Ensure cURL is working, and allow_url_fopen is enabled.

For more information kindly refer to the link below

Hope that helps.

1 Like

I contacted my hosting company. Can you guys provide a complete list of IP addresses that the theme needs to connect, so I may unblock them?

For whatever reason, every outgoing connection is being blocked by my server, and I must manually unblock each IP. I want to make sure I’m only unblocking IPs related to this theme.

It just seems weird that I’m having this issue. I’m using a paid plan through Freehostia. Why would their servers automatically block connections from this theme, but GoDaddy servers don’t? Does Freehostia just suck?

Thanks for any help!

Hi There,

Make sure that cURL is enabled and allowed to connect to our validation server (IP: 34.199.208.181)

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

It seems the validation server was not enough.

I need the IP address for every server that’s being used by the X Theme as well as all the plugin servers. Where can I find this information? I want to be careful what IP Connections I’m allowing here.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I’ve never had this issue before, but for some reason with Freehostia, it’s totally weird to have outgoing connections to Theme Plugin Servers.

Hi there,

It is virtually impossible to detect every server which our theme tries to use because we have a section called Extensions that retrieves information from their respective plugin developer and those IPs may change and it is not on our hands.

You will need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them to open up all connections for you. Then kindly install whatever plugin you like from X > Overview section extensions.

Please kindly consider that this kind of blocking will not only affect our theme but any other third party plugin that you may install using the cURL functionality.

This is too much limitation for a hosting service provider and I wonder why a Wordpress installation needs such tight security. Anyway, unfortunately, there is nothing we can do for you at this stage and this is something you should resolve contacting your hosting service provider.

Thank you for your understanding.

the same issue, how i can fix it? Help me. I already waiting for supported with 1 day. But no one answered me. https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cant-choose-demo-to-install/14479

@taxitaisaigon

I will check your ticket and respond there.

Thanks!