X Theme Expanded Demo Issue

New here, so still trying to figure things out.

I purchased the X Theme and then loaded on the Expanded Demo ‘Auto’. After working with it for awhile, I realized the child theme should have been used before I started working with it. I loaded that on and then reinstalled the expanded demo ‘auto’ to reset the pages and have a fresh start.

I can get the following demo pages to reinstall properly: HOME, ABOUT and CONTACT.

The issue I am having is, the following pages are not being reinstalled at all: SERVICES and NEWS

After reading many posts and searching the web for a solution, I can’t seem to correct this, no matter how many times I try to reload the demo.

Hope you can help.

Carl

Hi Carl,

That sounds unusual.
Hey There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Hello There,

Thank you for the clarifications.

1.) The news page. Please keep in mind that that News page is the blog index. Once you assign any page as your blog index or Posts Page, you can no longer edit it in Cornerstone or even the default WordPress editor. The contents of the page will be automatically generated by WordPress and the page is displayed using the default theme index template. For further information, please check the codex: https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page#Creating_a_Static_Front_Page

2.) The Service page will not be created maybe because of the conflict that it already existed. Please keep in mind that you only changed the titles and not all the other page details. If you want to create your own services page and use the existing services demo page as a start up point, you can either edit it directly or use it as a Cornerstone template. You will have to save the page as a template, Layout > Template and download the file to your computer. Create a new page, edit it in Cornerstone and import the template. To know more about Cornerstone templates, please see “Saving Blocks and Pages” section in this link: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-interface-layout/122

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick response.

On point #1,
I am not sure exactly how the NEWS demo page is to be used by someone though, if you say it can’t be used in Cornerstone or the default WordPress editor since it is a Blog page. How is someone to use that demo page as a template for their own site, other than just looking at it and trying to build something from scratch on their own? If there is a way to load this News (Blog) demo page somewhere and work with it to build our own page, can you tell me where that could be done? I don’t see that explained in the instruction link you sent me.

On point #2.
When I reloaded the X Theme 3 or 4 times and reloaded the ‘Auto’ expanded demo content a few times, each time it would reload the About, Contact and Home pages (the full pages with images and text). All 3 loaded each time, even when I didn’t change their names in any sort of way or deleted them. At one point I had 3 copies of all 3 of those pages (About, Contact and Home), named the same, all with the full (unedited) content included in each page. With that being said, why would the Service page be any different? No matter if I renamed the Service page or deleted it from my All Pages list, it still would not appear when I reloaded the Auto expanded demo content. As I mentioned in my earlier private message, this Service demo page got altered and then saved, so I would like to get back the original demo page to work with.

Are you able to send me the Service Page from the Auto expanded demo content? If so, I could then easily load it into Cornerstone, under Layout/Templates/Upload couldn’t I?

Thank You

Carl

Hi There,

1- Your blog page is not editable with Cornerstone.

Please create a page, you can call it news if you want, go to WP Admin > Settings > Reading and set it up as your latest posts page.

2- I have uploaded the Services page here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/eksu1uddfuwo13m/Garage_Services.csl?dl=0

Download it, create a page, in cornerstone, click templates, and upload the template.

Hope it helps

Hi Joao

Thank you. I now have Services page from the auto expanded demo content and created a template with it after you uploaded the page for me. That was a great help. Can I ask you to do the same for the Sample Page from the auto expanded demo content? For some reason it seems to not load properly now.

To try and make sure I am on the right track. The News page (which is really a blog page) on the auto expanded demo content, I understand it cannot be worked with in Cornerstone. What I am not sure of, is there anywhere I can work with that demo page as it has been supplied? Or is that page just provided as a sample for someone to use as a visual reference and they have to build it from a blank page up?

I went to WP Admin/settings/reading and I see where I can select ‘your latest posts’ but there is nowhere to set that to a certain page, like the News demo page. Even if it did have a spot to select a certain page, I don’t know how I would work with that page. Anyway, hopefully you can give a quick explanation to help. I know I must not be understanding something right.

Thank You
Carl

Hello There,

The Reading Settings should look like this:

If the the News page is not in the dropdown, you will need to create the News Pages first. You can check out the full details in how you can assign a page as your Posts Page from this codex: https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page#Creating_a_Static_Front_Page

Hope this helps.