X theme editor problem (main body not loading)

Here is a screenshot so its easier to understand. Edit in cornerstone loads but the main page does not appear at all (only header/footer of each page)
Please giv eme a detailed solution coz I am newbie. domain. justindevonshire.com (the crazy thing is that when I imported the site into my own dev for testing, it worked normally without any changes made, same wp version etc)

Hey there,

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

In case the issue persists, please provide us with the admin and FTP details of your site in a secure note so that we can check it.

1 Like

Hi There,

Thanks for the info!

I can confirm the issue in the site, How ever we need FTP or Cpanel details to investigate what would be the issue.
Please send the details in a secure note.
Mean while you can work on the site in skeleton mode.

Thanks

Hey @alexnestor,

There is something in your host that blocks Cornerstone’s functionality (see Secure Note). This supports your claim that it works in your test site. Regretfully, because there are numerous hosting setups, we have no means to investigate hosting conflicts. It would be best that you try out a different host.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi There,

Have you done a plugin test? There is a possibility that this issue is caused by a plugin.

I see that your PHP version is v5.5.38, please update that to 5.6 or higher (but not 7.2).

Thank you for the credentials, I’ve checked your wp installation folder, It seems something happened on your wp-content folder (see screenshot).

Please contact your host as they have a better overview of this kind of issue.

You might need to reinstall a fresh copy of WordPress.

Thanks,

URGENT:

I changed hosting, i did fresh WP INSTALLS, …NOTHING. It’s like it is still problematic just because it is connected with the same DOMAIN… how is that possible.
Please help

Hi there,

Would you mind providing the latest admin login credentials of your site under your new hosting? The previous one is now invalid.

Thanks!

Here: please try to solve this asap , since its not hosting issue its probably the theme

and here is my dev site where the theme works: maybe it can help you compare and mimic the problem. (and plz don’t give me again the generic responses about plugins etc, I tried everything before sending even deactivating all plugins etc.)

Hey @alexnestor,

Please deactivate ConvertPlus because it currently has a bug where it collapses the content if a modal is present in the page. Please try other methods of display for now.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

You kidding me? And you call these staff support? deactivating the convertplus plugin is not solving the issue… you making me repeat and so same things without coming close the solution. Yesterday you put me to get a new hosting instead of checking a plugin first (which was not the issue once again)…

Hi There,

We are in touch with the plugin developer to solve the issue.

We recommend you to turn off the plugin while developement your website.

We hope to fix this with the Convertplus developer as asap but we cannot provide any ETA yet.

Thanks for understading.

Serously now? I keep saying that its not the plugin coz even if i unistall it its not getting fixed. And in my dev site even with convertplus its working. You guys made me change hosting and now you reply like you ignore my previous replies.

I dont know what you trying to do here save time or something but all your solutions are not relevant at all. Please push this to your superiors coz this is getting ridiculus

Hi There,

Upon checking your 2 sites.

Your about page on both sites is not editable if Convertplus is active.

Once we de-activate it the page works.

It is known bug we found a couple of days ago and we can replicate on our own installations.

I understand you might be frustrated but at the moment we have to search for a workaround.

We have suggested you a couple of ways, I understand they are far from ideal, but as I mentioned we are working with the plugin developer to fix the issue and we cannot do anything about right now.

Thank you.

Okaay pleasee try to resolve the plugin problem fast.

Hi There,

We are looking into it and we hope to solve fast.

Thank you for understading.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.