X Theme corrupted in Wordpress

Hello, we’ve had a white screen of death for a few days.
Then we did a restore to a few days back within our hosting company.
The site is back, however there is a corrupted theme, in that the x theme assets are coming up as blocks [example=3] etc…

We turned debugging on: define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true); (was false)
and then got the image that is attached here

Normally I’d think that it’s normal, however, with the latest version of the theme active, it’s clear there is another problem.

Please help!

Hello @rinzin,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I cleared the cache and on my end I don’t see the error message and website is working fine. However, I can see shortcodes on the website. Further checking it seems that you have deactivated Cornerstone. Please note that Cornerstone is a essential plugin to run X Theme. I suggest you to activate Cornerstone from Plugins > Installed Plugins. After doing so, please clear cache.

Thanks.

Thanks! We will try that, but the image you are sending is clearly not “working fine” and seems to be missing the theme altogether. Are you saying that activating cornerstone will solve this?

Hello @rinzin,

A few years back, ThemeForest has ruled out that shortcodes should be separated from the theme as a plugin and that is why we have Cornerstone. It is a page builder tool that uses shortcodes. Since you have deactivated Cornerstone plugin, the shortcodes were not rendered on the page and just displaying the shortcodes instead. Activating Cornerstone will resolve this issue. By the way, after you have activated Cornerstone, since you have enabled Endurance Page Cache in Settings > General, you must CLEAR YOUR CACHE first before testing the site again.

Please let us know if this works out for you.

It did work. Thanks so much!!

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

Hi there!
We have noticed that pages created with the new Corner stone content are not showing up in their entirety.

These are completely missing content blocks made with the new content blocks:

This is an example of lost certain functionality found on multiple pages:

We think this has to do with a corrupt theme, but we do have updated version. As you can see from above we have been struggling with “the white screen of death” and even though most of the site is live and functioning we still have multiple issues with certain content blocks.

Thank you!!

Hi There,

I got this error when tried to edit your pages with Cornerstone:

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.
  7. Turn off all the cache plugins.
  8. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  9. Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
  10. Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 120 for optimal usage (https://thimpress.com/knowledge-base/how-to-increase-maximum-execution-time-for-wordpress-site/).
  11. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Let us know how it goes!

Thank you. We will have a look.

You’re welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.