X-Theme causing issues with Slider Revolution & Gutenberg

Hey. You know, I love the X-Theme so much it’s almost hard to say this, but apparently there are issues with the Slider Revolution - Related Posts Slider and Gutenberg when in the X-theme environment.

I’ve done a bunch of testing, turned off all plugins, had numerous … numerous talks with the theme punch support people, and they just confirmed it for me. There’s something in X-Theme which is conflicting with their add-on, which is strange to me as Revolution Slider is included with X-Theme.

How can we fix this?
Please see attached add-on screenshot of my convo w/themepunch support

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reaching out.

In that case, may I know the site’s URL and admin login credentials in the secure note? Then I’ll check if there is any conflict.

Thanks!

Sent you the note. You will have to activate Slider Revolutions Related Posts slider plugin in order to test it I’d assume

Hi Peter,

May I know what issue you’re getting? What I’m seeing is, in X theme, it shows 3 item carousel while on 2019 theme, it shows 1 item. And based on the settings, 3 is correct

And the reason it displays one item on 2019 theme is because of this CSS which makes it narrower

@media only screen and (min-width: 1168px)
.entry .entry-content > *, .entry .entry-summary > * {
    max-width: calc(6 * (100vw / 12) - 28px);
}

Toggling it off result to 3 items the same on X theme

And this is with X/Pro Theme

If you’re referring to different issue then please provide more details of the issue you’re getting :slight_smile:

Thanks!

When I activate the Related Posts slider, the entire entry that I did in Gutenberg on tat particular post disappears.

Is that more clear? When I make a post in Gutenberg, pictures, text, etc., and ‘Related Posts’ is activated, the Related Posts slider appears but the Gutenberg content disappears. Therefore, I’ve had to turn off the Related Posts slider add-on to the Slider Revolution which came with X.

Themepunch support did a test case in another theme and said the issue with the X Theme so I’m wondering why this is happening and what we can do to change it.

Hi Peter,

I did add a new post on your installation and found out that the information is gone on the front end of the website as soon as the Add-on plugin is enabled. I did the same thing on my local installation and there was no problem. But the problem is that I am not sure if the plugin works ok or not as I do not have a Purchase Key.

May I ask if you can give us the purchase key to be able to test the case here and see if it is something global or only happens on your installation? You can use the Secure Note to share that with us.

Thank you and regards,
Christopher

I’m happy to give you the key, yet I did a couple of tests that suggest perhaps the key is not necessary.

This is very strange. It appears to be local to my main site.

In my own testing, I went to a sub-site that also has the Slider Revolution Add-On and is running X (not X Pro). The post worked fine, with Gutenberg (https://peterfae.intothemythica.com/2019/04/02/test-gutenberg/)

This suggested that the network plugins were not an issue (and I had tried to fix it earlier w/plugin conflict tests)

So I activated the plugins on the main site again, including Related Posts Slider, and turned it to 2019.

It worked. The post could be seen and the related posts slider was there.

Then I shifted to the X theme. It didn’t work. Then I tried the X Child, X Pro and the normal X Pro Child themes. Again, same issue. There was apparently something in the theme, on the main site.

So then I considered what else could it be. Could it be something on the SFTP level? Some adjustment to the code? The clean versions of X … perhaps it’s a customization thing?

So I cleared out all the CSS, the Jquery, ‘additional CSS’ and the like. Still nothing.

Again, switched back to 2019, with normal plug-ins and CSS and what-not activated.

Gutenberg worked with Related Posts slider.

Shifted back to X Pro Child. Did not work.

So strange, because it works fine on the subsite which is also using X and Related Posts slider. Do you need the key?

I can give you access

Hey Peter,

I’m not sure what Christopher meant but please give us the purchase key he requested anyway as he might handle this thread.

Since the there’s no problem in Christopher’s install and also in one of your subsite, there must be something in the problem site that causes the issue. I’d recommend listing out the difference between your subsite and the problem site.

Regrerfully, I’m afraid to test this further as it is a live site. Please copy your site to the staging server and give us Staging WordPress Admin and FTP access so we could test freely without fear of breaking your site.

Thanks.

Set up the staging site.

You’re awesome. I updated the note with the staging login (which is basically the same with a different url on wpengine)

thank you. I’m really looking forward to figuring out why this is happening and how to fix it.

Hi Peter,

I went over the staging website and spend a lot of time and did whatever I had in my mind but could not find the problem cause.

One thing that I think is the difference is the version of the Pro theme between my installation and yours and also the fact that it is in a Multisite environment.

I updated the Pro and it still is not working. The point that I see is that the whole post is not rendering. Only the slider which comes after or before the content depending on the settings configured in the addon.

The problem that I have on my local installation for testing is the fact that I do not have purchase key and the Addon configure button is not available, that is why I can not select the slider which I created for the related posts. That is why I am not sure if I really checking the exact case.

If I have the change to be able to access the Revolutions Slider > Add-ons > Related Posts > Configure section I might encounter the same problem, and if that is the case then I will know it is a conflict between the theme and the addon and I will provide a report to our development team.

Thank you.

Okay. So it is strange. After all, the Add-On WORKS on the sub-site, with no issues with gutenberg.

I have two licenses for Slider Revolution. I left the one on the main Into the Mythica site engaged and disengaged the one on the sub-site, and gave that to you in a secure note to figure out what’s going on :slight_smile:

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the information and the license. Would you please check the URL that I added as a Secure Note? The add-on worked with no problem and it shows all the stuff that I added in the post. I used the latest version of the Pro theme.

This shows that indeed the core theme files are not the problem. Unfortunately, that is something which happens only on your installation and I am not sure why this is happening as this is a one incident and not a bug on theme’s part. So there is nothing that I can report to our development team and honestly could not find the problem cause on your installation.

Thank you.

Yah that link doesn’t work for me. Produces a blank screen. Would you kindly disable to key I gave you so I can change it back?

Also, since it clearly isn’t a core issue -->

where does that leave me then?

how do we find out what the bug is?

is there a way to isolate or find the code?

I’m in a difficult position here. Themepunch support is sending me to X. It works on the sub-sites so isn’t with the core code. It MUST be something somewhere in the main site then, yet I can’t think of what it would be. Really. Looking into my memory of any additions to functions or other bits that would make a difference on the SFTP level. Trying to figure out what is happening, etc. You guys are the most knowledge i’ve seen.

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the previous confusion, but based on my provided screenshots. It works with or without X theme, but the looks is different. Hence it, works from the time I checked it from your site then I checked it again and it’s no longer working even on 2019 theme.

The slider works, but still empty since no post is related due to v2 elements. I’ll continue checking and gather more information, if this is a bug then we’ll add this to our issue tracker.

Thanks!

It’s not a bug in the X-theme. There’s something … somewhere in the site that blanks out Gutenberg when the Related Posts slider is activated. I’m not sure what it is, or where it’s located. IT’s quite strange. I’m open. What are your ideas?

Hi Peter,

I checked it again I still can’t find any clue, but given it’s random and varying, maybe there is a built-in cache on your host environment? It’s the only guess I have right now and this one is really weird. I’ll continue checking.

Thanks!

Christopher. You have to DEREGISTER the license key for Slider Revolution so I can put it back on my other site. Thanks!

Hi Peter,

Sorry for my late reply, I deregistered and you can use the key.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.