X Theme breaks Envira Gallery 1.7.0.1

Hi team,

is there any other permanent way to solve this issue. Here is my conversation with Envira support:

Hi guys,

I receive an error when updating Envira from ver. 1.6.1.6 to ver. 1.7.0.1. Running on Wordpress 4.2.8. with the latest X-theme version and Envira Bronze license key.

ERROR REPORT:
Fatal error: Class ‘Envira_Gallery_License’ not found in /home/vinalisjak/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/global/plugins/envira-gallery.php on line 30

After the Envira update was completed successfuly, I could not enter an admin console anymore so i reverted to a preupdate version via FTP but left the faulty updated Envira plugin deactivated. I tried to reverify the licence key and update again but I always stump on the same error message.

Running the 1.6.1.6 version everything works ok but cannot update to the lastest Envira version.

Best Regards,

Sašo

Hi Saso,

Thanks for reaching out about this! :wink:

Yes, X Theme has some code that breaks WordPress when Envira 1.7 is installed. Originally, this code was used to hide the Settings page for Envira. You can add the following to the theme’s function.php to resolve the issue.

function x_envira_gallery_remove_license_functionality() { return true; }

Thank you

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Please be advised that the latest supported version of Envira is only 1.6.1.3. To know more how we have integrated the plugin, please check out this knowledge base:

If you no longer have access to your dashboard, please provide us ftp access so we can fix the issue by implementing the code given by the creators of the plugin.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi there,

I managed to gain access via FTP without problems but I am now running Envira ver. 1.6.1.6.
I just want to know if the next update of Envira or X-theme will fix this without entering custom code in functions.php or is this a necessary step to upgrade to further versions of Envira running on X-theme later on?

Thank you,

Sašo

Hi Saso,

It is always recommended to use the version compatible with the theme because that version is tested. We cannot promise an ETA for the release of latest version of Envira. If you can check this link: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-envira-gallery/67 under Bundled version, we have stated reasons why we do not always utilize the latest version of the Envira Gallery plugin.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.