X Template Problem with Plugin "Jobs for Wordpress" from BlueGlass

Hi there,

i installed the X Theme for development to build the site: http://wp.jehle-markt.de/wordpress/.

I installed the Plugin “Jobs for Wordpress” ( Plugin Site: https://wordpress.org/plugins/job-postings/ )

The Site shows the job listing ( /karriere ) perfectly, but when clicking for more details, the following job details site shows no header and footer. With other Themes this is working, but not with X-Theme.

When i remove get_header() and get_footer() from the single Page, the header and footer will be shown, but both at the end of the site.

Can you help me please.

Regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

According to the plugin author reply mentioned here, I recommend doing the following:

• Use a child theme, please follow this guide.
  • Create this file in child theme directory (jobs/single-jobs.php).
  • Inside this file, please paste the following code snippet:
<?php
function add_single_job() {
	?>
	<div class="wrap">
		<?php
	if( function_exists('get_job_fields') ) get_job_fields(); ?>

</div>
	<?php
}
add_action( 'x_before_the_content_begin', 'add_single_job', 10 );

This should show the header/footer on your single post page.

Thanks.

Hi Alaa,

That works great. Thank you.

Regards
Daniel

Hi @dj_Jetta,

Happy to hear that.
Feel free to ask us again.

Thanks.

Hello,

after a bugfix update from blueglass the code you send didn’t work. I get a white site at single-jobs.php.

Biggest Problem: the site is now live. https://jehle-markt.de/karriere

Please help fast.

Regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I can’t say for certain what is causing an issue right now as the update is done on the third party plugin side.

Perhaps there is something that changed on their end that : if( function_exists('get_job_fields') ) get_job_fields(); is not working anymore and is causing an error.

Kindly login to FTP and edit the wp-config.php file and find this line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

Edit it and set it to true and try checking the single job page and you should see some error message. Kindly post the error message here so we can provide you with some suggestions.

Also, please note that since this is a third party plugin, it would be best to get in touch with them as what has changed on their end which is causing the code that used to work to break.

If you’re not able to get it to work, we could try to check but kindly provide your admin and FTP details in a Secure Note so that we can check this further.

Thank you.

Hi,

no error message is shown.
Now i cloned the Website to a Test Sever.

Hello There,

The single-jobs.php must not have this code as the content:

<?php function add_single_job() {	?>

<div class="wrap">

<?php  if( function_exists('get_job_fields') ) get_job_fields(); ?>

</div>
	<?php
}
add_action( 'x_before_the_content_begin', 'add_single_job', 10 );

The code above should only be added in your child theme’s functions.php file.

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Ok, I added it to the functions.php in x-child theme. But now i’m again at the begin of the Threat. Now header and footer were not shown, because now the original single-jobs.php in plugins/job-postings/templates/ will be used. If this file is renamed, there will be an error Message.

Hi dj_Jetta,

This original issue in the plugin is related to “template redirect” which I can see the plugin author has addressed in the latest update 1.6.9 as you can see in the changelog, it was mentioned Fixed template redirect issue which doesn’t seem to be. I recommend getting in contact with him regarding this main point, regardless my temporary solution that worked in version 1.6.7 that’s now not working in version 1.6.9 the main problem hasn’t been solved in the plugin till now.

Thanks.

Hi,

thanks for your help. BlueGlass Interactive has fixed their plugin with version 1.6.11 after i send them your last answer. With this version the template redirect issue seems to be fixed.

1 Like

Glad to hear that :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.