X Pro vs Pro Install Check

Hi I was wondering if you could tell me if I need to do any updates to my Pro theme.
I don’t recall if I installed before or after X Pro became Pro.

Thank you.

Hey there,

You’re already using Pro 1.1.0 but you’ll need to update to the latest version. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

Thanks.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. The link you provided is not helpful.
Do I need to do anything else or not? If yes, please provide the steps I need to take.

Thanks.

I am basically looking to find out if this applies to me or not:

“Your site has been updated to version 1.1.0. “X Pro” is becoming “Pro” which necessitates changing the theme folder. To stay up-to-date you will need to install “Pro” and switch to it as the active theme. While there is no automated way of doing this, it is a very quick one-time process. Please read this article for more detailed information.”

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Yes, you still need to do that. Your current one is X Pro, you should manually update your theme to Pro.

Thanks!

Thought so. Thank you.

Can you please provide the step by step detailed instructions or the link to detailed instructions on how to update?

Hi There,

Your theme is still X PRO.

Because of the name change, you will need to manually activate the new theme (PRO). While there is no automated way, this process should take seconds. Please follow these steps.

Step 1: Download the latest version of Pro from your Themeco dashboard.
Step 2: Upload it via your WordPress dashboard and activate it.
Step 3: (Optional) If you are using a child theme, update the “Template” line in your child theme’s style.css from xpro to pro. Also rename you child theme folder from xpro-child to pro-child
Step 4: Once you are certain everything is working, you can delete X Pro.

Remember to clear all caches after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Thanks,

Thank you :slight_smile: I will give this a shot.

You listed my website here publicly despite the fact that all previous notes have been secured.
Please fix this as soon as possible. Much appreciated.

Sorry I don’t understand the directions.

I have a child theme. So what do I do? Step 3 is not optional.

Here I will start:

1. download and install and active Pro - why would I active this if I am running a child theme?

I included the link to my website so you should know that I am running a child theme. I asked for directions for me, not generic directions and I am still waiting for help 5 days later.

Please provide exact detailed steps for updating to Pro with having a child theme installed.
Thank you.

Hi There,

Sorry my bad, I did removed the links to your site and yes you’re right do not activate the parent Pro theme since you’re running the child.

To elaborate the step 3. Please login to your server via FTP or cPanel’s File Manager.

Navigate to /wp-content/themes/ directory, there you’ll see the folder xpro-child rename that to pro-child

Open that pro-child folder and you’ll see the child theme’s style.css file, open and edit that file’s header to this:

/*

Theme Name: Pro – Child Theme
Theme URI: http://theme.co/pro/
Author: Themeco
Author URI: http://theme.co/
Description: Make all of your modifications to Pro in this child theme.
Version: 1.0.0
Template: pro

*/

Lastly navigate to your dashboard Appearance > Themes and re-activate the child theme.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thank you so much! Would you mind verifying that I have done this correctly. :slight_smile:

Checking your parent Pro and child pro theme’s style.css file. You’re now good to move forward.

Cheers!

Thank you so much!!! Woohoo! :slight_smile:

Glad to be of a help :slight_smile: