X Pro Launch and Edit Post not working

Hello there,

I’m running latest version of wordpress and all my plugins and themes are updated.

However, when using X Pro, I’m not able to edit posts with X Pro and neither am I able to Launch X.

When editing a post and clicking on “Edit with Pro” the page simply reloads and nothing happens.

When clicking on “Launch” all i see is a spinning icon.

Would appreciate if you’d help me out.

Thanks

Hi there,

Thank you for your message, please kindly follow the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Get back to us with the result of the tests to follow up.

Thank you.

Thank you for your response!

I’ve gone ahead and tried all the steps you mentioned. However, it’s still not working.

• Everything is up to date
  • All Caches cleared
  • Not using CDN
  • Tested for plugin conflict
  • No custom CSS was found
  • Reset the .htaccess
  • PHP memory is set appropriately.

Hello @row321,

Thanks for updating thread. :slight_smile:

I did couple of troubleshooting and could see few error message popping up in browser console. Next, I went ahead to see the Php version you are running on the server. As most of the time running outdated Php can cause potential issues. I can see you are Running PHP version: 5.4.45. WordPress 4.8 requires at least 7.0 (https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/). This could possibly be the cause of the issue. In most cases you cannot update your PHP version yourself and need to contact your host about this. The upgrade process is an easy process and should be something your host can do for you without affecting your website or charging you for it. I suggest you to get in touch with hosting company to update Php and let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hello @Prasant,

I’ve updated to PHP 7.1.9.

However, I’m still facing the same issue.

Hope we can resolve this.

Previously, I was using X theme from Themeforest and recently updated to X Pro. Not sure if this has anything to do with this.

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials, I did check your site and the cs-vendor.js file that the Cornerstone needed is either blocked or removed:

I think your site is affected by this False Positive Malicious file issue from last week (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/hosting-service-identified-cornerstone-files-to-be-malicious/178621)

Please contact your hosting support and confirm that they don’t have any port blocked on your site. If they have please request to open it.

Please download a fresh copy of PRO, and Upload it again.

And please keep cleared and deactivated your caching plugins and CloudFlare if you have while you tackle this issue.

Thanks

Hello @basanta,

Thanks for helping out.

Here’s what I did. I checked the ports on the server and found that

Outbound Port 80, 443, 465, 587 and 8080 for your account is OPEN

I deleted the X Pro theme and then re-installed it. This worked for launching X from the dashboard. However, I still can’t create / edit posts with Pro.

When creating a post I click Pro and then “Edit with Pro” the page reloads and then nothing happens.

Thank you.

Hi there,

I see that you activated another theme too (as I checked it) and your site is already slow, took sometimes for me to load your site which uses the different theme. Hence, there could be multiple issues with your hosting and it’s affecting your site’s performance, and if the site is slow, the builder will not load. Perhaps you can disable your hosting’s security while we’re testing? Re-installing Pro theme will also re-install the deleted files due to host security which will make it work for a while.

I also checked and there is another issue Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH and it appears when the browser loads the stylesheet files. I recommend trying a different host, are you on shared hosting? If so, you can’t increase its memory limit or disable the security.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.