X Pro Custom Header + Woocommerce Shop & Cart

Good Day,

We have a custom split menu.

If we have a standard header (X Pro Standard) the cart shows up on the ‘checkout page’ but not on the custom header page.

Is it not possible to add the cart to a custom header?

Kind Regards

Hi,

Thanks for writing in!

You can use the cart elements in your PRO Header.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much, but are there not the full range of WooCommerce ‘buttons’ like Register/Login?

I was looking to have a 2nd top bar where all of this would go.

X Pro Headers overrides the ‘standard’ header?

Kind Regards

Hi @RSI-DEV,

Actually, you are correct. The Pro Header replaces the standard header completely and you need to use the elements available in the header builder to create the header from scratch. Whatever link you see in the standard header can be added using the normal text or button elements of the Pro. As my colleague mentioned you also have a range of elements for the Woocommerce cart.

Now if you do like the standard header you can avoid using the Pro Header altogether by avoiding the assignment of the header to any page.

Thank you.

Thank you @christopher.amirian for the clarity.

We are going to have to live with limited functionality on the header for now.

Can you maybe guide me in the right direction to edit the Shop/Cart/Checkout pages?

Adding a custom header means the shop/cart/checkout pages creates a break in the page layout.

I can not find where this can be edited? the archive-product.php page? Or can this be done by CSS? I can not isolate the class to add a margin?

Kind Regards

Hi There @RSI-DEV

All the Pro extended WooCommerce templates are under the following location, if you want to customize them manually.
/wp-content/themes/pro/woocommerce/

If you want to extend the functionality, you will need to setup a child theme first (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-setup-child-themes/57) and copy the templates files into your child theme. Also check our customizations best practices guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-best-practices/205).

Though we don’t provide support for 3rdparty plugins, there could be plugins like this which may help you.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.