X-Pro Backend not Completely Loading

Hey you all, in my last X site I am having a huge problem with the backend loading. The frontend comes up fine but when attempting to make changes to one of my headers, for instance, I will click on ‘Headers’ and the page will partially load so I will then refresh to get more information to load and if that doesn’t work I have to go back to another page then return and refresh again over and over.

It seems like hit or miss and sometimes takes 4 or 5 refreshes or restarts of the browser to get it into a place where the backend will fully load. Then once I save it freezes up and won’t allow me to click anything else without reloading the page.

I tried increasing the PHP memory to 512 because it seemed like a PHP issue but that did not work. I also tried clearing cache and 2 different browsers on 2 different machines. Full site is updated, running no caching plugins and no plugins different from any of my other sites. Any thoughts?

Hello There,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Secure note sent, thanks.

Hello @Boans,

Thanks for providing the information. I have investigated your issue and I would commend that you increase the following:

• Edit your wp-config.php file and increase your PHP memory limit by adding:
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Even if you server has 512MB, WordPress will only take 40MB by default. A setting in the wp-config.php file should be set.

• Increase your PHP Max Upload Size and PHP Max Post Size to at least 64MB.

• And make sure that your PHP execution time out should be at least 300s

If you won;t be able to change this PHP settings, please contact your hosting provider and ask for further assistance. They should be able to change the PHP settings easily in there backend.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello,

We have investigated everything you mentioned and have found no issues related to memory or the server. Our host actually monitored the processes and tracked the packets and saw no issues regarding memory usage or errors, but we are still having the issue.

Can you all please take another look at it and perhaps by clicking around you can come up with some additional ideas on what might be causing this.

As I mentioned before, the best way to replicate the issue is to go to the backend > Pro > Headers, select a header, edit the headers titled ‘Catch All’ and ‘Contact’, for instance, and you will see that either the preview panel at the top doesn’t load at all, it loads incompletely or if it does load it freezes up on saving or exiting to another header.

Please let me know what you find, I feel I am unable to move on to another X project without knowing what could be causing this.

(edit: I am now having similar issues with the latest patch using Hero header on another server too)

Hey Boans,

Here’s the error that I see in the console.

This usually is a problem with server configuration rather than a limited resource problem but you can check to see if the solutions listed in this guide would help.

Please also try checking your ModSecurity setup to see if there’s any settings related to the error or you will need to whitelist cornerstone-endpoint.

I was also unable to open the Headers page until I have used a VPN. This is adding to my suspicion that there is a problem with connection to your server.

Regretfully, we do not have resources to investigate each and every server setup or configuration. Pro works in most web host so would you mind replicating your setup in other hosts too just to compare?

Thanks.

I have now replicated this problem on 2 other server environments including Godaddy (where we have launched many other X-Pro products seamlessly).

The problem appears to be confined (mostly) to the Hero header template. The preview looks fine if you just click the header to preview, but when you actually click ‘Edit’ the preview becomes fragmented and buggy to work with.

Attached screenshot from a GoDaddy Prime business hosting environment:

Hello @Boans,

I have logged in back again to your site and I found out that you are using an older version of PHP (5.6). Please make sure that you have meet the requirements to run the latest WordPress so that the theme and plugin features will work properly. I did some further investigation. WordPress 4.8 requires at least 7.0 (https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/). This could possibly be the cause of the issue. In most cases you cannot update your PHP version yourself and need to contact your host about this. The upgrade process is an easy process and should be something your host can do for you without affecting your website or charging you for it. Here’s a letter you can send to your hosting company:

Dear host,

I'm interested in running the open-source WordPress <https://wordpress.org/> web software and 
I was wondering if my account supported the following:

- PHP version 7.2 or greater
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.0 or greater
- Nginx or Apache with mod_rewrite module
- HTTPS support

Looking forward to your reply.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.