X Not Working

Here is the scenario. A contractor of ours build a WP site using X. My job is to copy it over to our servers and get it running. I backed up their site, restored it on our server. WP is running correctly, site came up to the home page. None of the links work. Went into the WP admin page, noticed that X was indicating that is was not activated. No problem, we purchase a license and successfully activated X. Problem is that its still not working. For example, off the WP admin menu, Click X, that works. Click Validation, that works. Click Settings, that works. Click Cornerstone, get 404 error. Same for any other menu item under Settings.

I did NOT install X on the new server, hoping that the backup/restore would be enough to get it working. I am reluctant to install it over the existing site because it may overwrite the changes the contractor made to customize the site.

Is there a way to get X working without a fresh install? It there a way to fix the existing site?

Thanks,
Bryan

Hey Bryan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. After site migration the broken links issue can be fixed by re-saving the permalinks. Head over to WP Admin > Settings > Permalinks and save your current settings

If it doesn’t work then reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

In addition to that please increase your allocated memory by adding the following code in your wp-config.php (see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935)

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing works then it could be the migration issue, I’d recommend to use a plugin for migration e.g All in one WP Migration and migrate you site again. See https://wpshout.com/quick-guides/all-in-one-wp-migration/

Let us know how this goes!

That worked! Just had to open the Permlinks and Save Changes.

Thanks,
Bryan

Glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.