X Javascript error breaks site feature. Uncaught TypeError

I have a site with X (updated to latest, and cornerstone also) which has broken JavaScript code from other plugins as a result of this error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘filter’ of undefined
at HTMLDocument. (x.js?ver=6.3.8:1)
at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)

If I install and enable an alternate theme, the problem is solved.

How can I fix this?

TY!

Hi TY,

Thanks for writing in! It could be that some of your X theme or Cornerstone file may have been corrupted during the update as well. You can try re-installing X theme and Cornerstone plugin again and see if you’re still getting any errors. You can also check our manual update guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62).

After updating your X theme and Cornerstone, you also need to purge your server cache (if you’re using any caching plugin on your server). If you’re using a CDN service like CloudFlare, you need to clear it’s cache as well. Then finally, you need to clear your browser cache as well before testing.

If you’re using a child theme, try disabling it temporarily by activating your parent theme again and see if you’re encountering any issues related to your child theme customization.

If you have added any custom JavaScript into your custom JS area, try removing them temporarily and see if the issue persists.

If the issue is still remaining, then you need to disable your 3rd party plugins and see if you’re experiencing any plugin conflicts. If the issue is resolved, then you can activate your plugins one by one to see which plugin causing the issue.

In case if you cannot isolate the issue, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials along with an example page URL in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

It must have been a corrupt file, like you suggested.

I switched to a different theme then deleted X and uninstalled Cornerstone. Leaving my X child theme intact but not used.

Server didn’t like the upload auto theme install so I extracted the latest zip and uploaded it over SFTP.

Bingo. all good again.

Many thanks for your help!

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.