X icons no longer work since Cornerstone update

Hi, I recently updated to the most recent version of Cornerstone and since then none of my X icons are working. I haven’t updated my X theme at all as I was concerned that all of the custom code that I’ve used may no longer work if I were to upgrade to the latest release (even though I’ve used a child theme for the additional code). I am therefore still using X version 4.6.4. Would remaining on an older version of X have an affect on Cornerstone or will any version of Cornerstone work with any version of the X theme?

If the problem is because I’m still running an older version of the X theme, is there a way of rolling back to the previous version of Cornerstone or providing me with a link to download the older versions. I’m aware that if I were to upgrade the X theme I would need to clone the site onto a test server to make sure the upgrade doesn’t break the site. As I don’t have time to do this right now, I think rolling back to the previous version of Cornerstone might be the best option at this moment in time (unless of course you can offer another solution or fix).

This is a typical way that I currently show X icons on the website (which is no longer working):
[x_icon type=“check” style=“font-size: 170%; color: #104492;”][/x_icon]

Any help would be appreciated

Many thanks

Hello Lewis,

Thanks for writing in!

Unfortunately we don’t maintain copies of older version of our products. However, users do have option of using stability release which can be downloaded from members area dashboard. As of today, current stability release for Cornerstone is 3.2.5.

Coming to the version of X Theme you are using, stability release won’t have much of a difference as we updated Font Awesome to version 5 in Pro 2.2, X 6.2, Cornerstone 3.2.

In that regards and to avoid any compatibility issues, it’s much better idea to update X Theme from version 4.6.4 to 3.3.8. You will have to do the process manually. To avoid any problems with the live website it’s advisable to setup a staging server (mentioned in the ticket) and test the update over there.

Manual X Update Via FTP

1. Unzip x.zip on your computer.
  2. Rename the x folder to x-updating.
  3. Connect to your server via FTP and navigate to your /wp-content/themes/ directory.
  4. Drag and drop the x-updating folder into your themes directory.
  5. Upon completion, rename the previous x folder to x-previous.
  6. Rename x-updating to x. Your site will now be at the latest version.
  7. Delete the x-previous folder.
  8. Visit the WordPress dashboard at least once to ensure any migration logic can run (this happens behind the scenes).

For more information, please take a look at our theme and plugin update guide:

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.