X Icons missing after update

Hi! For some reason, the icons that I used to have on my pages (with links) went missing after the latest update (X theme + Cornerstone).

Can you help me with this issue?

Cheers!

Hello There,

Thanks for posting in!

I have downloaded your page as a template and loaded it in my local testing server. Your icons display as expected. I am using X 6.2.4 and Cornerstone 3.2.4 by the way.

Do you have any caching plugin or that you server has a caching feature? You need to clear your site caches and make sure that the font awesome files is loaded in your site so that the icons will display.

Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Hi! I have W3 installed but it’s disabled. I tried turning it on and purged all cached and I also cleared browser cache but no help yet.

How can I check that the Font Awesome files are loaded on the live site?

Big thanks for the help!

Hi There,

Please find this custom CSS under Customize > WP Custom CSS:

[data-x-icon]::before, [class*="x-icon-"]::before {
  content: attr(data-x-icon);
  font-size: 50px;
	color: #fff;
}

And change to this:

[data-x-icon-s]:before, 
[class*="x-icon-"]::before {
	font-size: 50px;
	color: #fff;
}

This issue occurs as of Font Awesome version 5 they split icons into multiple fonts: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-2-2-x-6-2-cornerstone-3-2/38234.

Regards!

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve changed the CSS now to the new custom one as you suggested but I don’t see any change on the front end.

I’m probably still missing something simple, but I can’t figure it out.

Again, big thanks for helping out!

Hi again,

I checked your custom CSS section and you still had that CSS in there:

[data-x-icon]::before, [class*="x-icon-"]::before {
  content: attr(data-x-icon);
  font-size: 60px;
	margin-left: 5px;
}

I went ahead and commented that code and now the icons are displaying fine. Please clear your browser’s cache and check the site again.

Cheers!

1 Like

AWESOME!!! you are a magician!!!

Thank you so much for helping out! You guys are ace!

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.