X Header and Footer options only showing for logged in users

Hi,

Any changes I make to the header or footer only show for users that are logged into the site. For non-logged in users, it reverts to the default (text header, menu and search) and no footer. Clearing cache etc doesn’t make any difference…

FliP

Hi Philip,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. After clearing all caches deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. Deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks - the site is actually pretty bare-bones: only Slider Revolution and Cornerstone as active plugins. It’s hosted on easywp.com, which has it’s own caching but it is clearly linked to being logged in or not. When logged in, there’s a custom header and footer. When logged out, they disappear… Everything is up to date as far as I can see and I am not using any child theme…

Site and login details are in the secure note.

thanks for your help,
FliP

Hi Flip,

It appears to be the same on my end, logged in or not. There is a header and a wide slider above it, and there is no footer. Though yes, I can fully see the difference when viewed on Theme Options preview.

And this seems to be cause by cache, the easywp.com. I don’t see any other options to manage it so I can’t troubleshoot it further. Perhaps you can contact your hosting provider and deactivate it temporarily?

Other than cache, there are also CORS issue. The resources are loading from www domain, but your site is configured through non-www. For that, please go to Admin > Settings > General and add www to both URLs.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks - that last suggestion seems to have done the trick.

FliP

Glad it helped, FliP.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.