X_get_view() PHP Fatal Error

Any idea what is causing this error and what it means and how to fix it?

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function x_get_view() in /www/wp-content/themes/x/index.php on line 18

Link to site:

It is a regular, up-to-date X site.

Thanks!

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, please clear all caches after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If clearing all caches did not work, It seems that the update did not go well. Please kindly go to your Themeco dashboard and download a fresh copy of X, then manually install it using the Manual X Update Via FTP method explained here:

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

After updating the X theme? That was done shortly after the latest version of X theme was released which was a month or 2 ago ( I think?). I have done multiple updates to various plugins since then. I always clear the cache after each update of the theme or plugins. The cache on the server probably has been cleared at least 20 times since I last upgraded the theme, including immediately after.

With that said you think I still need to reinstall the X theme?

Thanks.

Hi There,

Yes, possibly the update did not go well for some reason and it corrupted one or some of the theme files.

Thanks,

Updated X theme manually via FTP yesterday, 9/13/17 and cleared the server cache.

Downloaded php error log and see:

[14-Sep-2017 10:15:29 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function x_get_view() in /www/wp-content/themes/x/index.php on line 18

What next?

Hi There,

Please provide us with your login credentials, so that we can take a closer look. Please provide the following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks!

Hi There,

It seems that you have resolved your issue.

Thanks!

No I have not. Why do you say that it is resolved?

Pls see secure note for credentials…

Hi There,

Apologies for that. When I checked earlier, it shown as post withdrawn.

It seems that your WordPress credentials are invalid. Could you please confirm again with the correct information? so that we can check your issue.

Thanks!

I just changed the WP password and was able to login to WP Dashboard successfully with it. Thanks!

The new WP pw has been updated in the secure note…

Were you able to see and try out the new pw yet? Any idea what is causing the problem with the php error?

Thanks!

Hi There,

I was able to login to your WP Backend and also your SFTP. However I cannot do any changes to test your issue. For example I cannot install any plugins or even I cannot modify your files through FTP (open for write: permission denied).

Could you please make sure that we have enough permissions to test this issue.

In the meantime, make sure that your PHP version is at least v5.6.x or later.

Thanks!

I am checking with my host on php version and ftp permissions.

I had a plugin that was not allowing updates in WP Dashboard to theme and plugins. That has now been disabled and you should have access to do that, at least within the Dashboard, for now.

I will update this again once I hear back from my host.

Per my host the site in question is running php 5.6.

They also said you should only be getting the “open for write: permission denied” error (via FTP) if you are trying to modify WP core files. If you are only trying to update Theme or Plugin related files and getting error via FTP. Pls let me know.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Yes, we’re modifying the wp-config.php.While checking the theme’s files, it won’t finish the download, it only stays in 100%. Unless I disconnect the FTP and it will be marked as finish, and that’s when I’m able to view the file. Something is wrong with your FTP server.

We like to edit wp-config.php to enable debugging to see what’s being logged. But I’m not sure how to trigger that error, how are you triggering that error? Is it under /bgd/ folder, or under /bgd_staging/? There is no problem with your site at all, that kind of error could put down your site, and it will be blank, but it’s not, which is why we thought that it’s already solved.

I understand that you got it from the error log, but with the fatal error, your site shouldn’t be available.

Thanks!

As I mentioned earlier core files are locked down by my host for security reasons. I have enabled WP Debug for this weekend only. This is a production site, so I will be turning Debug off first thing on Monday.

As I also mentioned earlier, yes, it is the BGD folder.

I am doing nothing to trigger the Fatal PHP error, it just shows up repeatedly in my php error log on my server. I will attach today’s error log in a secure note.

Hello There,

A fatal error usually occur if the function x_get_view() does not exist. I have checked the file where it is located and it exist. You are only seeing it in your error log but not in the front end. If this error still happening, your home page will not display and will just be a white blank page. I think this has already been resolved. The cause of it is maybe because you were loading the page while doing the update or installation of the X theme files.

Hope this explains it briefly.

The update was originally done over a month ago. Per directions of Themeco support I did another upgrade, manually via FTP a few days ago. The error log I linked to was from yesterday (several days after the update) and the fatal php error showed up in that error log with a date of 9/16/17, yesterday. If what you are saying is true, I was updating the theme at that time? I have not done in updates to the theme in several days. The error seems to show up in the log on a daily basis. Just be be clear on this…

1. The error shows up daily in the php error log
  2. You are saying that it is not a problem and I should just ignore it?
  3. You are saying that there is no way to resolve the issue? Even though at least 2 people in support say it is resolved, the same error still persists.

If it is no big deal and I should ignore it then that’s fine. BUT there is a big difference in the support staff resolving the issue and the error going away versus, the support staff saying it is resolved and the error persists. :frowning: