X / E&P Form: errormessage reuired fields

Hello,

I added several text-fields and an checkbox-field at the “last step”-tab in E&P. The checkbox-field has to be checked to order a product (in this case: Acceptance of the GDPR-terms wich has to be accepted seperately to the acceptance of the general terms).

I can’t continue without checking this field, what’s prefect. But If I don’t check it, there is no error-message, the form just simple reloads without sending. So the user has no idea, what’s wrong.

The predefined general-terms checkbox text is marked red, if not accepted, that’s what I need also for the other reguierd field(s).

Best regards

Uli

Hi Uli,

Thanks for writing in! First of all, make sure that you’re fully updated by referring to our changelog for the latest release information (https://theme.co/changelog/) and also you can see the plugin versions from the following link (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

If you have added any custom JavaScript code into your X -> Theme Options -> Javascript area, try removing them temporarily and test your issue again.

If you have an active child theme and if you have any child theme customizations, try switching to your parent X/Pro theme and test your issue.

Also try disabling your 3rd party plugins to see if you have any conflicts with other active plugins.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi Mldarshana,

thank you for your help.

Thanks for writing in! First of all, make sure that you’re fully updated by referring to our changelog for the latest release information (https://theme.co/changelog/)

I can’t find anything in the latest changlog that concerns this problem. What exactly do you mean?

and also you can see the plugin versions from the following link (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/1951).

Done. The plugin versions match.

If you have added any custom JavaScript code into your X -> Theme Options -> Javascript area, try removing them temporarily and test your issue again.

There is no custom JS, neither global nor on this specific page

If you have an active child theme and if you have any child theme customizations, try switching to your parent X/Pro theme and test your issue.

I have a child theme, but no customizations are made there

Also try disabling your 3rd party plugins to see if you have any conflicts with other active plugins.

I did deactivate all plugins that do not belong to X, mainly two caching-plugins. No effect.

So there are still no error-messages for required fields. Can you tell me, where I can configure the error-message (exact message-text etc.)? Probably some changes there will solve the problem …

Best regards

Uli

Hello @ULinn,

Thanks for updating the thread.

We have just released version 9.632 of Cost & Estimation Forms Builder. Please update the same and see how it goes. In case issue is still there, please share login details in a secure note for us to take a closer look. You can take a look at our Theme and Plugin update guide for update related help.

Thanks.

Still the same problem. Send you login details via secure note.

Hi @ULinn

Thanks for sharing these steps to reproduce this issue, however when I tried to log in your website that’s what I got:

And that’s what I got for the homepage:

Could you please check this issue for us?

Thanks.

Please don’t share screenshots with the page’s URL. Can you delete these two?

Thank you

Uli

Sorry, I did provide a wrong URL. Changed the secure note, so the URL should work now.

Best Regards

Uli

Hey Uli,

I have replicated the issue in my test site so this is a bug with E&P. I tried to find at least an indicator when the required field was left blank but there’s non for the checkbox.

I’ll post this in our issue tracker so our development team could forward this to the E&P developers.

Please stay tuned for E&P updates.

Thanks.

Hi Christian, can you see, when this bug will be fixed? The site has to go live this week and may not be published without this GDPR-checkbox. So it’s quite important to have this solved within the next days …

I did ask to delete the screenshots showing my URL in one of my last posts - but they are still visible. Can you pease delete thes to screenshots!

Best regards

Uli

Hey There,

An update to version 9.634 is now available which will resolve your issue. Let me know if you need anything else.

Hi, thank you, I’ll test it.

The Screenshots @Alaa posted are still there. Please delete them!

Best regards

Uli

I’m very sorry I missed that, Uli. I’ve deleted them now.

Great, thank you!

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.