X drop down menu topics not working

Hello, I just installed x and the child theme and the only option under the X options that will work is Validation. None of the other options are working (settings, cornerstone, templates). I don’t see how it would be a plug-in problem as it is newly installed and I didn’t activate anything. A bit discouraged as I hear so much negative with the new updates and if there are problems this early on…

Hope you can help
Thanks

Hi there,

In the secure note, you did not mention your website URL and you have multiple licenses and I am not sure which one are you talking about.

Please consider that our theme all menus in the dashboard work with no problem and it is 100% something related to your environment and installation which you need to find the cause. I suggest that you follow the steps below and get back to us with the results of the steps and the URL of your website:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Thank you.

I updated my secure not to include the url, sorry that was missed. As mentioned it is a new instal so I would imagine that is as up to date as it gets. There were no plugins active at the time, so unlikely there were conflicts. I am not sure what woukd conflict with a new instal…

Thank you
Amber

To update, I have tried on my iphone and can access everything. It works as it should. I don’t understand what could be the issue…i have a mac, I’ve added the website to safe websites for trendmicro…server issues?

Hi there,

I just checked and settings, cornerstone, templates are loading fine on my end. Would you mind clarifying the issue about drop downs?

Thanks!

When I select an option, it takes me to a screen which is white with the box. The box spins as if it is going to do something and that’s as far as it gets. It does this for all the x menu options besides validation. So I can’t actually move onto the optiin that i selected.

Hey @minnow386,

Like @Rad, I experienced no issue accessing all of X’s Menu Options (see Secure Note). Everything works fine.

Would you mind clearing your browser cache and also try testing in incognito mode and other browsers. If you have browser extensions, please deactivate them all to test if they are conflicting with X.

Thanks.

Thank you for testing this out, much appreciated. I will try what you have suggested and update if the issues continue.
Thank you

You’re welcome.

I have tried the fixes suggested above and still having the same issue. cleared caches, different browsers, incognito, and my server company did increase the php memory limit to 128. I don’t know what else to try as now even editing the pages won’t work.

Hi,

Can you provide us a screenshot or video of the issues.

I tried and all seem to be working fine on my endas well

See Video - https://www.screencast.com/t/XcvHWdfd

Thanks

I have:
deleted the entire site,
recreated,
reinstalled,
had my host increase to 128,
updated my mac,
cleared history,
tried multiple browsers

and still cannot get this to work. It seems other posters have also had the “spinning wheel” do nothing when trying to do anything with cornerstone. Is 128 enough or should I request an additional increase. I am just not sure what else to try, this is very frustrating. I realize many of you have had this work, may I ask what browser you are using?

I get the spinning wheel when I click any of the options below X (other than validation and settings), so clicking on Cornerstone, Templates, Global blocks, Colors, Fonts, and Theme options goes nowhere but to a spinning box. Not sure how to upload a screen shot, as I do not have the same software program as you however I am not sure a screenshot would actually be beneficial as it is just a screen shot of a spinning box…

update: it will work in chrome but not safari, which is still not a solution. as I do not use chrome

Hi there,

I just tried it in my Safari and it’s properly working. Could you try it on another device?

Same goes for cornerstone, theme options, and etc, they all loads okay on my Safari.

Thanks!

I’ve tried it on my iphone and it works, just not safari on my mac :frowning:

Hey @minnow386,

This tells us that there must be something specific in your browser or maybe your computer that is causing the issues. You said it’s working in Chrome but not in Safari. Did you install something in Safari that you did not in Chrome like a browser extension? I’m sorry to repeat this but I didn’t see you specifically checked this.

Since it is working on our end, regretfully, we could not see what is causing the issue. And with that said, this also proves that the server, X and Cornerstone are working fine. If there is an issue on one of them, all of us would surely get the same result. We love to help but because of the reason I said above and because we only offer forum support, what you could do in this situation is hire a third party IT support to remotely access your computer and investigate what is in your browser that is causing the issue.

With regards to memory limit, 128 is not enough. Please increase it to 512.

Thank you for understanding.

I do appreciate all of you working to try and figure this out, it is much appreciated. I will continue to work towards a solution. I had turned of an extension I had (I only had one) and this didn’t fix it, so I will continue to research.

Thank you for your help
Amber

A quick update, after updating safari (which is an ios update) which I did days ago in an attempt to fix my problem (and another update was only available today) it works. I can’t believe this was such an easy fix and not available days ago. Thank you for all trying to help with this, I am very happy that you were so supportive with my issue.

You are most welcome! Have a great day! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.