X Dashboard on Wordpress isn't functioning

I’m not entirely sure how to explain my problem, but I’ll try.

I recently updated X and have been using it for some years now. Upon updating, the X Dashboard seems extremely buggy. When I click through to the X Dashboard, I am not faced with the standard layout, but a list of options down the left-hand side. See the screenshot below.

I was hoping to use X to upload demo content and include some of the add-ons that come with X, but unfortunately, every single button on this page simply refreshes the page. The drop-down menus are greyed out, and I am basically unable to do anything other than use Slider Revolution, which I had loaded prior to the update.

I have searched for plug-in clashes, but I haven’t come across anything. I’ve cleared caches, and I’ve logged in and out. I’m not all that tech-savvy, but I’m not sure what else to do?

Your help would be appreciated.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
Can you please confirm that if you have update both theme and cornerstone.
If no please update the cornerstone too. If you are using older version of WordPress, please update that too.
Please check this troubleshooting points.

Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Updated a Secure Note

Hey Paul,

I checked the X > Validation and everything is in order and Cornerstone is also working fine. I added a second section and added an accordion to test. I removed it after everything went fine (see secure note).

Please clear your browser cache and check again. Also test in other browsers and incognito mode.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

Yeah, when the X update popped up a few hours ago I applied it and that seemed to fix the problem.

Thank you for your help.

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.