X – Custom 404 - doesnt seem to be working

Hi Theme X,

I have activated the Custom 404 link for theme x. But I have receiving the following fatal error instead:thumbsdown:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_real_escape_string() in /home/legalf8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/permalink-finder/includes/pf-404.php:621 Stack trace: #0 /home/legalf8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/permalink-finder/includes/pf-404.php(428): kpg_find_permalink_post_exact(‘shfhdshs’, ‘2’, ‘N’, ‘N’, ‘N’) #1 /home/legalf8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/permalink-finder/permalink-finder.php(37): kpg_permalink_fixer() #2 /home/legalf8/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): kpg_permalink_finder(’’) #3 /home/legalf8/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #4 /home/legalf8/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 /home/legalf8/public_html/wp-includes/template-loader.php(12): do_action(‘template_redire…’) #6 /home/legalf8/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once(’/home/legalf8/p…’) #7 /home/legalf8/public_html/index.php(17): require(’/home/legalf8/p…’) #8 {main} thrown in /home/legalf8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/permalink-finder/includes/pf-404.php on line 621

When it should be bring the suer to the error 404 page?

Hi there,

Please kindly make sure that you have the latest version of the theme. If not please kindly update the theme and the Cornerstone plugin to the latest version.

After that, make sure that you have the latest version of the X-Custom 404 plugin. You can delete the plugin and install it again from X > Overview page.

Finally please make sure that you use the PHP version 5.6+ or 7.1+. You can test if you have the compatible version of the PHP or Not by installing the plugin below:

Then go to Dashboard > WP Server-info menu and check the PHP version there. If you do not have the compatible version please kindly contact your hosting service provider to follow up.

You can get more information regarding the supported PHP version here.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher,

I have made the all changes requested but the 404plugin does not seem to work still.

Hi there,

Would you mind providing your site’s URL and login credentials in a secure note? I like to see it first.

Thanks!

Hi there,

It’s caused by your permalink finder plugin, it still uses the deprecated function mysql_real_escape_string. it’s not available to PHP 5.5.0 and above anymore. I deactivated that plugin and 404 page is now working.

Thanks!

Thanks Rad!

You are welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.