X Child Theme: Lost the page layout guide

Hi There

I just installed the x Child Theme to my site and set it up no problem, for the purpose of installing GTM codes in header.php and functions.php

HOWEVER, it seems to have removed the “template” options on pages, I usually choose Header, footer, no container…

I can’t seem to find a way to add this to the style.

Do I need to bring any other .php guides over from the parent theme to add these back into the site?

Hello There,

Thanks for the very detailed post information. Regretfully this should not have been the case. When using a child theme, you do not add anything like page templates to be able to use it. I am suspecting that you have installed the parent theme incorrectly. Please make sure that you haven’t renamed the x folder or have upload a different zip file. The location folder should be:
wp-content/themes/x/ and not wp-content/themes/x/x/ or wp-content/themes/other-name/.

Could you please include the site url in your next reply?

Thanks.

Hi thanks for coming back to me

The theme appears to be installed correctly but I really can’t be sure

The domain url is https://www.perfectweightforever.com

The only alteration I’ve made is to add the header.php as it was missing from the child theme originally

All help appreciated ,thank you

Hi just to update, this seems to have resolved itself. very strange.

I’ve just noticed the same thing on a a site that has been working for over a year. I just updated to WP4.9 and X5.2.5 and not only have I lost the page layout options on a new page, but an existing page’s layout got changed in the background somehow when I was editing it in Cornerstone. (I was adding a Gravity Form to replace a Contact Form 7). The page now has a blog sidebar, and it isn’t the blog, and I cannot remove it. Can you please help?

Site: http://ajohnstonhome.com/contact for the page with the unwanted sidebar

Thanks,
Cindy

Hi there,

Please kindly make sure that you also update the Cornerstone to version 2.1.7 and clear all caches if you have a cache plugin.

But please kindly open up a separate thread with detailed information and the URL/User/Pass of your website using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case for you.

Please do not add the information here as the Secure Note is visible for the Original Poster of the thread and us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.