X Builder not loading (was working fine last time I logged in) The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing

I am getting the error message,

“The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.”

I cleared the SG cache (siteground - my host) as well as my browser locally and still can’t get it to work. The last time I logged into my site a few days ago to make some edits everything was fine. Can you please help me with this?

The website is https://borinhalbich.com

Hi,

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to changelog - https://theme.co/changelog/
    Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins.
    See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory and maximum execution time or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

set_time_limit(300);
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

After spending an hour going over this issue with my websites host tech support on the live chat we determined the issue is on my end. I can’t figure out what’s causing this. I have tried logging into the site and editing the page with the Pro visual Builder in both Firefox and Safari, updating all the plugins and my computer, browsers, clearing caches and am still getting this error. The Support guy from my webhost said he was able to login and load the builder just fine.

The problem must be on my end can you please help me with trouble shooting this. Prior to this weekend it was working fine.

Hello @lesliehalbich,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I tried editing couple of pages in Content Builder and on my end also it seems to be loading fine. Please see screenshot in secure note. As the problem is occurring on your machine it’s difficult for me to suggest you solution at the moment.

May be you can try editing editing browser Incognito mode and see how it goes.

Thanks.

so I’ve tried all the solutions and I understand this is 100% locally my problem with my machine but I don’t understand where to even begin trouble shooting. I’ve been googling for 3 days now trying to get this fixed and have not been able to work on the website at all. I’ve seen other people have had this issue but no response was given or solution posted.

I used one of my friends mac books today and was able to login and access the editor as you mentioned in your last post. However I need to figure out why I can’t run this builder anymore on my mac book since I use it for work and will surely need to make more changes to the website.

If you can please help me I will really appreciate it. I’m already behind on my project due to this.

I added a secure note with a screen shot of what I see in the developer console the error that pops up:

Hello There,

Please use Chrome or Firefox. There is a known issue with the builder and Safari browser.

By the way, those errors are just missing sourcemaps. They are requested by developer tools (especially in Safari) when possible, but won’t interfere with anything.
Basically it’s a way to map a combined/minified file back to an unbuilt state. When you build for production, along with minifying and combining your JavaScript files, you generate a source map which holds information about your original files. When you query a certain line and column number in your generated JavaScript you can do a lookup in the source map which returns the original location.

Please check out this link: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19550060/how-do-i-toggle-source-mapping-in-safari-7/19823890#19823890

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.