X - background not being honored

Background color on X is not being honored. It is being dismissed. Removing custom CSS/JS makes no difference. Please advise.

Hi there,

First of all, there seems to be a problem with your theme installation as the frontend of your website shows that you are using Pro:

You explicitly mentioned that in the video so it shows we brought your attention to it before, maybe in another thread. You need to resolve this issue. It might be related to a cache plugin or CDN system you might use or simply because of the Child Theme. Which you can check by changing to the parent theme and then check the BODY class of the website using the Google Chrome Developer Toolbar.

Now, regarding the question at hand. The problem is because of the unclosed HTML tag that you might have on Section 4 or 3, the section before the one in question which causes a problem on rendering the sections:

As you can see in the generated HTML code Section 5 goes inside the Section 4 which is not correct and it should be on the same level with section 4 and after it. This shows you have for example a custom HTML code using a Raw Content element or any other element that you added an HTML code which you did not close a tag or something.

Please check all the HTML codes you added to the page against the tool below to make sure you added a valid HTML code:
https://infohound.net/tidy/

Another point that I see on your website, go to X > Theme Options > JS and you will see that you added a whole jQuery library code there which is wrong and causing this Javascript error:

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

There is no problem with the theme install. I just put X instead of Pro in the title of this support ticket. Not sure why you are saying I brought this up before or anything else.

All testing has been done without CDN/caching active.

Changing to the base Pro theme and not the child theme makes no change.

Regarding the JS code we are only adding a class to a field. You said a whole library is being added. If it is, it is from another plugin and not from the custom JS area. Again, removing this code makes no change.

Regarding the unclosed tag, are you referring to the missing close on the style section element?

The only custom code inserted in a raw element is a Google-provided iframe.

Hi Drake,

Were you able to get this sorted? I have just checked the site you have linked and the Step Into The Showroom section is now showing up with a blue background. See screencast in the Secure Note.

As or the JS errror, you can see it when you check it through the console:

If you checked in your Global JS and the code is not there, it could be possible that a plugin might be inserting it so kindly check on that as well.

The issue was the classic element, not JS. When we removed the classic element and rebuilt with the new element, no issue.

Hi @hatfieldmedia,

We really appreciate sharing this to us. I will forward this thread to our developer so that they could look on it.

Thank you so much.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.