X 6.3.8 Making Too Many Intensive SQL Requests

For several weeks I’ve experienced slowness on my website www.polk.work and I’ve been receiving “Service Unavailable. The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later. Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.” as well as “Connection lost. Saving has been disabled until you’re reconnected. We’re backing up this post in your browser, just in case.” This primarily happens while creating a new post or editing in wp-admin. I went through troubleshooting my plugins, talking to my host, etc. My debug log is pointing to X theme making so many intensive SQL requests that the MySQL server can not respond in time.

This did not happen in the previous version of X. I hope you can help, it’s making updating my site almost impossible.

Hi There @mikecallaway

Thanks for writing in and I’m sorry to hear that you’re having this issue. Is it possible to provide your debug log file, so that we can investigate the issue further.

Also we recommend the following server configurations.

If you can provide us with your WordPress login credentials along with your FTP credentials in a secure note, that would be helpful to investigate your issue further.

Thanks!

Hello @mikecallaway,

Thanks for updating in!

Your FTP does not work for us. Please provide the following:

• FTP hostname
  • FTP username
  • FTP password

Please understand that this issue is unique to your installation only. Most X and Pro users do not experience the same as you are. This could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Please let us know how it goes.

The FTP credentials in my private reply should work now. I forgot that when initially troubleshooting this problem I had switched the nameservers to Cloudflare. Prior to opening this request I deactivated all of my plugins and the problem persisted. I contacted my hosting company and their belief is that something in my theme’s files was causing a WordPress core query to malfunction. I’ve tried everything I can think of and appreciate your help.

I think I may have solved the issue. I googled the error in debug.log and found someone having a similar issue (not in X theme). I added a little bit of code to functions.php in my X child theme and so far my load times have improved and the errors have cleared. Wp-admin is much, much faster now.

function s9_remove_post_custom_fields_metabox() {
foreach ( get_post_types( ‘’, ‘names’ ) as $post_type ) {
remove_meta_box( ‘postcustom’ , $post_type , ‘normal’ );
}
}
add_action( ‘admin_menu’ , ‘s9_remove_post_custom_fields_metabox’ );

Hey @mikecallaway,

We are just glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.