WPninja forms

Hi,
I’ve scanned the knowledge base and see that WPninja forms is compatible with x theme. I just can’t see how to add a created form via cornerstone. I have tried the ‘classic code snippet’ but that just shows the shortcode itself, sorry if this is straight forward and it’s just me having brain fog!
Cheers,
Rebecca

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Try adding your shortcode into a Raw Content element in Cornerstone or using a Text element and it should render the form.

If that does not help, please provide us with the URL to your referenced page.

Thanks!

Hi,
I have retried the two methods you have advised and nothing appears on the page,
I currently have Contact7 on all pages but wanted to replace with a lighter plugin WPninja,
here is a page with the Contact7 on https://www.harperbd.co.uk
I have also noticed a page error since trying this, where a page is not displaying it’s content but my posts instead, are the two issues related?

Hi HandB,

I’ve checked your website and I can see you added this code snippet in (X > Theme Options > JS):

if (!(is_admin() )) {
function defer_parsing_of_js ( $url ) {
if ( FALSE === strpos( $url, '.js' ) ) return $url;
if ( strpos( $url, 'jquery.js' ) ) return $url;
// return "$url' defer ";
return "$url' defer onload='";
}
add_filter( 'clean_url', 'defer_parsing_of_js', 11, 1 );
}

However, this isn’t a valid JS snippet, it’s a PHP code that isn’t supposed to exist there. The best place for this PHP code is child theme functions.php file, learn more about child theme following this guide:

Could you please remove this code then recheck this issue? if you are still getting the same result, then please provide us with WordPress Dashboard login details in a “Secure Note” so we can investigate this issue.

Thanks.

Hi,
thanks for the response. Obviously I’m not a developer, just trying to follow video’s on how to optimise my site speed. cornerstone is a slow plugin and causing me nothing but anguish.

I have removed the script, and retried both text and raw content elements - no joy

Also the page
https://www.harperbd.co.uk/sectors/ isn’t displaying, the layout/elements are still in the left hand margin but the page is displaying my posts only, can you advise on this also?

Hi Rebecca,

Would you mind double checking the password?

I tried to login but it seems to be incorrect:

Thank you.

Hi,
try this

qkbxY@7z0&zKhHtAovG2mDn9

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

It doesn’t work as well unfortunately.

Please make sure to post sensitive information like login credentials in “Secure Note”, this is very important so that only our stuff can see it.

Thanks.

Okay third time lucky

Hi,

• Regarding the first issue, I managed to get a Gravity Form working fine by adding the shortcode to “Content Area” element as you can see in this page:
    https://www.harperbd.co.uk/testing-forms/

• For the second issue, this page you mentioned “Sectors” is a category archive page, I’m not sure which content is missing here? it should display only your posts, nothing else.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks, I can see the contact form is working correctly, I didn’t try content area, but text and raw content, pleased it works.

I’m currently looking at the second issue. The page was a live information page, I was about to set up a duplicate, but now cornerstone is not working when a new page is created.
The sectors page is not an archive post page (where did you obtain that information, I can’t see anything different to see what has changed) The margin on the left indicates all the components that should be displayed and they can also be seen in the skeleton layout, all that is displaying is my ‘all my posts’ which are not on this page at all and none of the layout and elements are showing or are even selectable from the left hand margin.
I cannot think of anything that has caused this to change, I have not worked on this page.
Thanks Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

That’s where I obtained this information:

It’s definitely and Category archive page.

Could you please elaborate more details regarding this issue you have with this page? perhaps using some screenshots would be helpful.

Thanks.

Hi, I have attached a screencast video, you can see the elements in the left hand margin are not displayed, when I save the template and upload to a new page, the template loads correctly. I could just create a new page and amend my links but I’m rather concerned that this page has glitches and is randomly showing my posts, when the layout margin shoes that the content should be different.

thanks

Hi @HandB

That’s because you have a category with the same slug as your page, you can change either one of them and this issue will be resolved, I suggest changing the category slug from (Posts > Categories), please check this screenshot:

Thanks.

Wow, that’s amazing that you found that, I obviously didn’t realise it would be an issue!
Thanks for resolving.

On that note I have duplicated categories and tags in posts, media etc with a view to pulling them into a grid when I have more content, is this not advisable?

Rebecca

You’re welcome, Rebecca. Glad we could help.

I don’t understand your last question though and sounds like it’s not related to your original query. Please open a separate thread and give us more details.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.