Wpml xpro sync

When PRO will be able to syncronize with automatique editing translated pages ?
The wpml support answered us that the probleme is coming form X PRO.

We cannot remake all the pages in order to have a manual wpml editing

Hey @samdahan,

Our development team is aware of this concern but regretfully, we currently have no timeline as to when they can find a solution. Please stay tuned for updates in our News Archives.

Thank you for understanding.

Could you imagine the problem with our customers that this issu is making !!!
euh sorry we cannot put more texte or contents in the translated pages ! the options is to remake all the translated pages.
I dont write about SEP issu that are waiting that Pro is able to fix this…

my turn to answer you
kindly and Thank you for QUICK understanding.

Hey @samdahan,

We certainly understand the problem. However, automatic translation only currently works with Classic Elements and it includes Classic Section, Rows and Columns. WPML will not detect Classic Elements within a V2 section. If you’re currently using V2, you will need to edit your pages to use Classic Elements. To do that, hold down the CTRL key on Windows (Command Key on Mac) and hover to “Add Section” and it will change to “Add Classic Section”. Convert your V2 elements to their classic counterparts and move over your classic elements in the classic sections.

That is the only solution for now if you do not want to do the manual translation method or the translation method inside Cornerstone (see the flag icons in the lower right corner of the builder’s interface).

In the next update, you will have the ability to disable V2 elements so you could only use Classic Elements that is compatible with WPML automatic translation.

We know this is frustrating but we kindly like to ask for your understanding because there’s currently a technical barrier to integrate WPML with V2 elements.

Thank you.

We are about to lose the client because WE CANNOT EDIT THE TANSLATED CONTENT with wpml automatic tranlsation !!
WE NEED REAL SUPPORT

We won’t be supporting automatic syncronization but you don’t need to recreate the pages. You can duplicate from an existing translation that is already designed and just translate the text.

My question is simple : How can X can say that is working with wpml after this ? or why you did not make a notice that X Pro is not supporting automatic translation with wpml ?
As you can understant it is not so easy to re do all manually. I etimate it about 1 week of full time work.
How to ask my customer to pay for that ?

maybe your great support team could propose some more technical flowing solution to break the automatic tranlsation that X Pro do not support ?

thanks a lot for your understanding

Hi @samdahan,

X works with WPML, if my understanding is correct, the sync will overwrite the other translations (of another page). If you’re referring to automatic translation (where you only need a single page and it’s done with just string translation) as the new WPML feature, then it’s not going to work with V2 elements.

The builder uses independent translation which is a WPML feature too, and it always works. Duplicating the page for translation should be easy and can be done right away, and editing that page for translation should be as simple as string translations too (since whether you like it or not, you’ll going to perform string translation too). It’s similar, but maybe what you’re expecting is, you’ll have to rebuild the entire page? It’s not, just duplicate the original page and edit them for string translation (you don’t have to rebuild layouts and elements).

If I misunderstand the issue, then please provide further information :slight_smile:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.