WPML with Cornerstone not working anymore

Hi there

I have upddated all WPML Plugins today, I have changed a content page in italian and it is still shown in italien in Cornerstone. But since I have saved this page, on the frontend there is the german version on the italian website shown.
When I open Cornerstone again, the italian version with all my changes is shown correct in the backend.

With the updates of the plugins, I was asked to insert the product key from WPML. Since then there is a message when editing som content in WPML like this:

Warning: You are attempting to edit a translation using the standard WordPress editor, but your page is configured to use the WPML Translation Editor.

If I open with Translation Editor there is no Cornerstone but instead two masks with my german and italian contents.

There is also a message in WPML Dashboard like this:
One more step until you can translate with X Theme and Cornerstone
You need to enable WPML’s Translation Editor for easy translation.

If I click “Activate now” thefollowing message appears: “This action is not allowed”

What did I do wrong?

Thank you very much for your help

Hello Felix,

Please make sure that you are up to date including the WP core, the Theme and plugins. ​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hi RueNel

Thank you very much for your help. The link to the site and the Login data are the following:

Hi Felix,

It’s known issue caused by WPML 4.2.7 and its addons. Please downgrade your WPML plugins to these versions

WPML Multilingual CMS - 4.2.6
WPML String Translation - 2.10.4
WPML Translation Management - 2.8.5

If you’re planning to install SEO Yoast, then you may downgrade to these versions

WPML Multilingual CMS - 4.0.6
WPML String Translation - 2.8.6
WPML Translation Management - 2.6.7

The issue isn’t builder related but due to WPML forcing the string translation and language. And SEO Yoast has its own issue with WPML too that cause redirects.

Thanks!

Hi Rad

Thank you very much for your great help! I have dowloaded the recomendated plugin versions and would like to install them. I am a bit scared to do this because I don’t want to loose all my translations.

Do I have to deactivate and delete all WPML Plugins before uploading and activating the older versions? Or what would you recommend?

Thanks again!

Hi Felix,

Yes, you’ll have to deactivate and delete them first. It shouldn’t delete your existing translation as I have tried it as well. But to make sure, please backup your site first.

Thanks!

Hi Rad

Thank you very much for your great help! Everything works well now.

If I have finished the translation and go back from Cornerstone to the WP Dashboard, the warning like this appears:

Warning: You are attempting to edit a translation using the standard WordPress editor, but your page is configured to use the WPML Translation Editor.

back , edit nevertheless , Open in the Translation Editor

Do not show this alert again

Is this a important message or could I check “Do not show this alert again”?

Thank you very much for jour opinion!

Hello Felix,

If the warning no longer applies to you, then you can select “Do Not show this alert again”. And if you want to make sure and avoid any accidental edits, then it would be good to have those alerts.

Cheers.

Hello RueNel

Thank you very much for your good advice and your help!

Glad we’re able to help, Felix.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.