WPML translation page not showing all original sections

Hello,

I just changed my homepage to a new one, and found our that the translated page is only showing parts of the original page. Original works fine, but the translation is missing a lot of sections from the original.

Can you please let me know what am I doing wrong here?

Hello @judelgado

I’ve checked your website and when I tried to edit the Spanish version of your homepage, I got this error in the builder:

Also, if I tried to create a new page, then after clicking on “Duplicate” I got this error in the console:

I think both issues might be related, here you are my suggestions:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If this didn’t help, then please provide us with WordPress Dashboard login details along with FTP access credentials in a “Secure Note” so we can investigate this issue.

Thanks.

Hello, thank you for for taking the time to take a look on my issue.

I tried the recommended suggestions. But the issue is still there. Increased the memory_limit to 512Mb, enabled and disabled plug-ins, and everything is up to date.

When I open the editor in the orginal version (english) everything works fine, I can edit with cornerstone without any issue, when I create a new page and create a simple translation it works, the issue appears to be on the pages I already created with translations, not being able to open and get the error you mentioned.

Is it possible to try something different? I’m not able to recreate all the pages already working, I just need to show the new home page with all the sections.

Thank you again.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in!

To properly translate a page in WPML created By Cornerstone, please check out this steps and review if you have done the same:

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the follow up.

I already translated the entire site. Everything’s working fine until I changed the home page. This pages is not translating all the sections for some reason.

I deleted completely the translated page and start from scratch, but there are missing sections on the translation page.

This is where I have the issue, nos learning how to use WPML.

Regards

Hey @judelgado,

You’re using V2 elements in your home page. Since V2 element’s aren’t compatible with WPML, you’ll need to translate your page independently or you need to do a manual translation. Please see https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/translating-content-created-with-page-builders-using-manual-translation/

Thanks.

Hello, duplicate the page returns the same error.

Hi There,

Please do the following steps instead;

• Please edit your page in Cornerstone.
  • Once you are done editing and ready for the translation, save your page as a Cornerstone template.
  • Duplicate the page for translation as what have instructed in WPML.
  • Edit the newly duplicated page in Cornerstone. Now you will seeing the missing elements or sections then.
  • Load up the saved Cornerstone template and then you are now all set for the translation of the page.

To know more about how you can save the page as a Cornerstone template, please check out “Working with Templates” section from this article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-layout/122/1

And know more about the template manager from here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/template-manager/20364

Hope this helps.

I really appreciate your approaches to my issue. I tried the suggestion you posted before. The problem is that I get an error on the duplicated page when try to edit it with conerstone as follows:

“The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.”

The console returns this error message: TypeError: n.get is not a function.

Thanks

Hello There,

You may need to change the Language URL option first. Please go to WPML > Languages > Language URL Format and select “Different Language in directories” options.
For more details, please check this out: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-url-options/

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you! That fixed the issue.

You’re most welcome!

Hey guys - I’m having the same issue and tried to follow the steps above.
All worked nice except that CS isnt pulling some of the styles (even though they are showing properly when editing in CS).

Any thoughts?

In the editor:

On the front end:

Hi @roivitopeleg

Please open a new support thread regarding your question with a link to your website and login credentials being shared in Secure Note. You must not create secure note on another user’s thread as it will be visible to the original thread owner.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.