WPML still incompatible with PRO theme in 2018

Hi,

I’ve been waiting all 2017 to get this problem fixed :frowning:

Today I decided to test WPML with PRO again and it doesn’t seem to work out of the box.

I’ve created a header in default language (not English) then clicked on the English flag and created new header, then I was asked by the theme if I want to “Start with Blank one or to copy translation from the default language header” neither of these 2 options worked. I tried clicking on the 2 options and nothing happens. What’s the solution for this big problem?

Thanks.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Before you translate the headers, please go to WPML - Translation Management - Multilingual Content Setup - Custom posts and click everything to “translate” and click save.

And please make sure that you are using the latest version of the Pro Theme and WPML.

You might need to check this related thread:

1 Like

Thanks! this seems to solve the issue. Any commonly known other issues? do I need to worry about something when the new update comes out?

Also, Any problems with RTL? I need to know before I get surprised with such issues in the future, it happened with me in 2017 so I’m more cautious now and I do tons of tests before committing to using certain feature.

Hello There,

At the moment, there are no known issues between WPML and Pro header builder. To prevent any conflicts or any problems with your live site, we would recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive any theme updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

Hope this helps.

Okay will keep that in mind.

Now I need to add some Arabic fonts from Google fonts here: https://fonts.google.com/?subset=arabic

How can I add these to the template manager’s font section?

Thanks.

Hello There,

If you need Google Fonts subset, please disable the font manager in X > Launch > Options > Typography so that the Google Font Subsets will display.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks!

What’s the negatives of disabling font manager?
it says “Disabling the font manager is not recommended, but will allow direct usage of System and Google Fonts.”

The downside is you won’t be able to use a Font Template globally. By global, I mean your generic content and headlines.

Thanks.

“generic content and headlines”
you mean the content typed outside of PRO builder like in the native WP editor and so?

Also, is there a solution to use Google’s Arabic fonts without disabling the font manager?

Thanks!

Hi there,

Yes and some of the Classic Cornerstone elements use the global settings. To use the Arabic subset for the fonts that support it you will need to use the traditional way. We will ask our development team to add the support for the Font Manager later as a feature request.

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as the original question was something else and the thread is getting long and long and it gets hard for us to give you a good service.

Thank you for your understanding

Okay I’ve started a new topic about the fonts issue.

Thank you for your cooperation :slight_smile: We will follow up the case there.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.