WPML page translation

Hi,

I’m having trouble translating the Cornerstone pages. When I try to translate a page it just displays the default language Cornerstone page. All the modificaties i make are also made to the default language. So it’s impossible to make any changes.

I’ve also tried the WPML translation manager but here you can only change the page title and all the textfields aren’t displayed.

Any solutions?

Specs:
Wordpress | 4.8.2
X - Pro | 1.1.1
WPML | 3.8.1

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Demi Caruso

1 Like

Hey,

To check this better, can you provide to us your WP credentials and the website link in a secure note?

Hi!

Sure!

Thanks!

Hey Demi,

This is currently the case for Pro. This would be fixed in the next update. Please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/wpml-update-talk-to-us-about-translating-headers-footers/8756 for more details.

Thanks.

Hi,

I’ve already managed to fix the problem to translate the pages but now i need to translate the Header en Footer. Can you provide me with a temporary solution?

The translations need to be ready today :confused:

Thanks

@Fatmama

Regretfully there isn’t a workaround. We’re planning on posting a release candidate later today. If you edit your profile from your dashboard you can opt-in for prerelease downloads. Don’t use RC1 because we found an issue with saving pages, but RC2 coming out hopefully in a matter of hours should be pretty stable. We strongly advise against using prerelease versions in production, so if you’re uncomfortable with the risks outlined you might want to just wait for the official release.

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I’ve already searched the forums for some answers and found one that helped me a lot!
I’ve just changed the entire footer with widgets and used the WPML widget translations to translate the footer.

This could be a possible workaround.

thanks for the update.

Ok great! That does work well if you’re ok not using the Footer builder and losing the design capabilities there.