WPML: not all field showing & page layout lost

Hey there,

I am trying to translate this page with WMPL (lifelong licence) https://dev.360impact.ch/home/expertise/ and here the result: https://dev.360impact.ch/notre-expertise/?lang=fr

The content layout is lost and not all fields are showing in the WPML interface (e.g. x-feature-box-text).

Am posting the access codes I believe that you will need them to help me out.

Thanks and best wishes,

Sandra

Hi Sandra,

I tried to log in via the link you provided in the Secure Note but I couldn’t. I got this 404 not found error page (please check the secure note).

Could you please check this issue for me? most probably there is a security plugin preventing me from accessing this page.

Thanks.

Hi Alaa,

Sorry, corrected it above.

thanks

Hi Sandra,

On the translated page I can see these JS errors in the browser console:

This could affect the page structure and the appearance in general, please try the following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

Keep us updated,
Thanks.

Thanks Alaa,

Here are the 2 JS I have for the content:

jQuery(function($){
$(document).ready(function(){
$(".x-feature-box").each(function(index, el) {
var link = $(this).find(".x-feature-box-text a").attr(‘href’);
if(link){
$(this).wrap(’’);
}
});
});
});

jQuery(function($){
$("#this-year").html(new Date().getFullYear())
}); // Get the current year and write it to the id #this-year

Could it be that the one I for the featured box is the conflicting one? I got it from the support here.

Thanks,

Sandra

Hi Sandra,

I have checked your code and this does not have any conflicts in the site at all. I also tried editing your page and sometimes editor loads and sometimes it doesn’t. It seems there is a PHP time out happening. Please increase your PHP time limit to at least 300. You may need to ask for further assistance from your hosting provider for this.

The french version of your homepage is not found. This is because you haven’t created a translation page for that. For best results, please check out this WPML’s documentation to know more how you can properly translate pages built with Cornerstone or the Pro editor. Check it out here: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/xtheme/

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi @RueNel,

Thanks a lot for your most helpful and to the point answer.

I did increase my PHP time limit to 400 and increase memory to 256MB (could do it myself via a webinterface).

Yes, I hadn’t created a French version of the webpage yet, as I was still working on it.

So far I have translated two pages resulting with the 2 same issues: Not all fields are showing for translation and the layout is lost.

I did go through the documentation but couldn’t find an answer to my questions or see anything I could have done wrong.

Again, thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Sandra

PS

Actually I cannot migrate my site with Updraft Plus anymore. First I couldn’t transfer the files, now I can’t login once it is restored :(.

I also did find a woocommerce plugin I never installed, so I deleted it.

I tried to use the health check plugin you installed, yet I am a bit lost…

Hello There,

I have edited your homepage and I can see all the fields.

The edit link is in the secure note.

Hi @RuelNel,

Sorry to insist but x-feature-box-text are not showing in WMPL. You can see it here https://dev.360impact.ch/?lang=fr, there are still in English although WPML mentions that 100% has been translated. The layout is a nightmare as well.

Thanks and best wishes,

Sandra

Hi there,

It’s the downside of having it translated that way instead of utilizing dedicated page for translations. Example https://www.dropbox.com/s/5oq0a5f7s2fd852/CornerstoneTranslation.mp4?dl=0

With your current translation, you’re only limited to single page and you have no control on other aspect of your page. Like now, it’s not something we can troubleshoot since it’s automated by WPML based on string setup, rather than manually creating them.

Could you try the translation as recommended in the video?

Thanks!

Hi there,

I got it. I need to duplicate all pages, which means that each time I change an element on a given page, I need to do it in 2 languages, right?

Okay, I skimmed through the FB user group, and I can see it is a V2 and/or Pro issue.

I am not in a huge hurry, so may I ask if you plan to address this issue with next update?

Thanks and enjoy your week-end

Hi @slwirth

I checked our list and it was listed as a bug but changed to feature. The problem is how the translation pickup the strings, it doesn’t pick up the strings from the output but from raw content where it still shortcode. Hence, it’s a feature not yet available for v2 elements and will surely come in the future but I’m not sure about the ETA. Different standards could cause incompatibilities :slight_smile:

For now, you may do the recommended translation process.

Thanks!

Oh, that’s no good news that this was transformed from a bug to a feature…

The more that even when duplicating the fields don’t show!

Looks like after 4 years, I’ll have look for another solution, another theme…

Best,

Sandra

Hey Sandra,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience, Sandra. What @Rad suggested is currently the best course. Please stay tuned for updates.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.