WPML in Pro not loading

Hey there,
I have the latest versions of wordpress, Pro, and WPML, cleared all caches, deactivated Cache plugins, etc…
and when I click a header in Pro, click the flag icon, and click translate, both “start blank” and “copy existing” fail to load. I’ve tried different ones but it’s not loading, or at least it almost goes to the very edge of the screen 1/8th of an inch, and stalls. Tried reinstalling Pro, and child theme, and disabling plugins, but nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

After further investigation, it seems the headers and footers cannot load, however I can get the “content” elements to open up when I click the translate flag icons… strange why headers and footers won’t load.???

Thanks!
Stephen

2 Likes

Hi there,

First of all, you used the Summary feature of the post to give the login information which is public. Kindly change the password of your website as soon as possible. The feature you should use to give private information to us is the Secure Note functionality. I edited the post and moved the information to the Secure Note but to be on the safe side kindly change the password.

I checked your website and saw the error is generated. I checked our internal system and found 2 more cases which throw the same error like yours.

This needs to be investigated by our development team. I already added this thread to the report so maybe one of our development team reach you regarding the case. If not then you will need to wait for the upcoming release to have a fix regarding this or an answer from our side indicating the workaround.

If you change the password then kindly get back to us using the Secure Note to add the new password in case we need to investigate more.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi Christopher,
Thanks. I changed the password. Please see the secure note above. I don’t see how I can add a secure note to the bottom of your reply…? Only the one you made for me. How does one make a new post and make the whole thing a secure note? Do I have to first publish my comment, and then after that click the secure note button that appears? What If I want the whole post to be a secure note? Maybe I’m not seeing the button on my computer for some reason.

Thanks again, Please let me know if you guys have an update to the problem. I appreciate it!
Stephen

Hey Stephen,

You can add a Secure Note to the bottom of your post.

Yes.

Just post a sentence and then after that, you can add a Secure Note to it.

There’s currently no news about the fix. Please stay tuned.

Thanks.

HI Christian,
Thanks for explaining things. I’ll wait for an update to address my header and footers not bein translatable. It’s still not loading after the latest update. Thank you!
Stephen

You’re welcome and please stay tuned :wink:

Thanks. I will stay tuned. I’m going to launch a new blog but I need to be able to translate my headers. Am I the only one with this problem? Thanks.

Hi, i have the same issue with wpml, problems with header and footer, post contents are not loading and even if you delete one translation and later on you want to translate it the page content is not loading in the translation destiny page.

My website is https//www.hustlerswatches.com

I need help!!

@jorgecajiao,

I’ve removed your login credential in this thread because the original poster could see private messages in his thread. Please try these possible solutions first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, open a separate thread and give us WP Admin and cPanel access there. Also post a link to this thread for reference.

Thanks.