WPML Footer Content "String Not Registered"

Hi there,

I’m trying to translate my footer content and I’m stuck.
I’ve gone into WPML > String Translations > edit as admin, and I see “x_footer_content” as an item with a checkmark but it’s greyed out making it impossible to select/deselect.
When I go to the String Translations main page, I can’t find the “x_footer_content” string.
When I go to WPML > Settings, I see a section that says “Admin Strings to Translate” and I can see “x_footer_content” listed there, but it says “String not registered.” There’s a button underneath that says “Edit Translatable Strings” and when I click that, I’m back to the main Strings Translations page.
When I go to Theme Options, there’s no option to translate the footer from there.

What should I do to be able to translate the footer content?

I’m including two screenshots to show you what I mean.

Thanks!

Hello @coracle,

Thanks for writing in! It maybe greyed out because the Footer Content is disabled. You can check it in X > Theme Options > Footers > Footer Content. Make sure that it enabled and then go back to the WPML settings.

If nothing is helping, would you mind providing us access to your site so that we can check your settings? Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Cheers.

Thanks for your reply, @RueNel! My Footer Content is on. I tried turning it off and then back on and I still have the same issue. Sending you a secure note with login credentials. Thanks!!

Hey @coracle,

Here’s the correct procedure.

1. Go to WPML > String Translation
  2. Search for a text string in your footer content like “Copyright”
  3. Input your translations and check the Translation is complete checkbox and click Save.

Here’s the result:

Hope that helps.

Thanks @christian_y! I was searching for the string name instead of a text string. It works now!

Grateful for your help.

You’re welcome!
We’re glad @Christian_y were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.