WPML and Pro Headers and Footers

Hey there magical tech support people: Having similar problems as some others who have posted about translation issues for headers and footers in Pro. I have manually translated the core content on the home page, but really need to get the header and footer done as well.

When I’m asked if I want to use the existing English homepage settings as a template for the Spanish page I say yes, but the loading bar doesn’t complete all the way. So I just end up with the same thing. English header, which I never had the chance to adjust.

How should I proceed here?

I had the same problem. Go to WPML - Translation Management - Multilingual Content Setup - Custom posts and click everything to “translate” and click save.

For me it worked and loading bar finished, hopefully u get the same results.

Hey @adminsosaz,

Please update Pro to the latest version and also try @ak47marx suggestion.

Thanks.

Sorry, I’m a little new to this… I downloaded the latest zip and now do I just install in the theme section of WordPress? How come this doesn’t show up as a regular update? I didn’t want to load it for fear of breaking anything…

Please see our Updating Your Themes and Plugins article.

Thanks.

Thanks for the article… though since I’m new to this there are some proceudures I don’t understand:

How do I tell if a plug-in is a caching plug-in?

How do I set up a test environment?

My concern is: I did a bunch of work on my footer last night and when I woke up this morning the footer was gone on both mobile and desktop, though on the footer editor of Pro I can see that all the containers are still there in the editor, but none are visible.

Hi there,

You may check the plugin’s description and you should see if it’s related to optimization or caching. You may also search the plugin name here https://wordpress.org/plugins/ and view its detail.

As for setting up a test environment, you may install new Wordpress (fresh copy) in your site’s sub-domain or sub-folder. You can install it manually or by using your hosting’s installer. http://www.wpbeginner.com/how-to-install-wordpress/. Once installed, install All in one migration plugin on both of your site (the live site which will be the source, and the test site which will be the destination).

Then using All in one migration plugin, export your site as a file from the source and import the file to the destination site. And that should finish the cloning of your site :slight_smile:. Then reverse the process if you plan to push the test site to your live site.

Have you tried @ak47marx recommendation? If yes, then please provide your site’s URL and admin login credentials on a secure note and I’ll check what’s going on :slight_smile:

Thanks!

@ak47marx I tried your fix, but prior to that my footer disappeared so I’ve got another ticket out trying to fix that. Once I track down that pesky footer, I’ll know for sure if it worked!

Let us know if you find something :wink:

@Rad Footer is fixed but text on Spanish pages is still in English :unamused:. Starting copy process… we shall see.

@Rad and @ak47marx - That DID work! :smiley: Now next item… one of the items in the footer is the labelled the “Navigation Inline Bar”. How can I change the Home, About, and Contact text. I don’t see that as an option.

Hi there,

Please inspect the Navigation Inline then find SETUP > Assign Menu and assign your specific menu. That should do it :slight_smile:

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.