WPBakery Page Builder no longer loading in backend

Hi,

Was working on the site yesterday and all was fine.

Today i logged in as usual went to page to make some changes and the WPBakery page builder did not load within the page. It still works on the front end but not on the back.

any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Brent

Hello Brent,

Thanks for the details. I have checked your site and it seems that there are several JS errors on the page. This could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue still exist, please re install Pro theme. There might be some files that were corrupted. You can review our update guide and see the Manual Update section to re install Pro theme.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi Rui,

I did disable all the plugins and it still did not work.

I switched to the 2017 theme and it did work.

thanks,

Brent

Hello Brent,

This custom PHP code is causing JS error in the admin area:

function defer_parsing_of_js ( $url ) {
if ( FALSE === strpos( $url, '.js' ) ) return $url;
if ( strpos( $url, 'jquery.js' ) ) return $url;
return "$url' defer ";
}
add_filter( 'clean_url', 'defer_parsing_of_js', 11, 1 );

define('MY_JS', get_bloginfo('stylesheet_directory') . '/js/' );

function reg_scripts() {
wp_register_script('jquery.easing.min', MY_JS .'jquery.easing.min.js', false, false, true);
wp_enqueue_script('jquery.easing.min');

}
add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'reg_scripts' );

I have temporarily commented out the code and now the WPBakery Page Builder is working already.
Please check your site again.

thanks again for your amazing and speedy help!!

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.