WP Staging WooCommerce X Pro problem

Dear,

I have used WP Staging Pro to create a staging site of my X Pro WooCommerce website. To push the changes live however, I do not want to overwrite the orders from the live website, hence I have to exclude the wp_posts and wp_postsmeta tables, but doing so the header / footers changes (and possibly other changes) are not getting pushed live.

Another issue I encountered is when I save my pages as a template and download them, I cannot upload them ont the live site (incorrect file format).

What is my solution here?

I will attach a secure note

BR

Hello @yvescleeren,

Thanks for writing in!

WP Staging Pro is only good if you are still developing the site. Pushing the staging to the live site should not overwrite but inserts any changes to the live site. The headers and footers are stored in those mentioned tables too. You may download the headers, footers and the page templates using the Template manager instead.

Please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/template-manager/20364

Hope this helps.

Dear,

I tried exporting page templates but I get an error message that the template is broken. Both use the same version of X Theme Pro, I made the updates. Could you please verfiy?

Thanks

Hey @yvescleeren,

I created a test page in your site titled X Support Test and saved that page as a template. I’ve exported it and imported in my test site and it imported successfully.

I see you’re using Essential Addons for Cornerstone. Does your templates included elements from that addon? Please try removing elements from third party plugins and custom code in your page then save it again as a template then try exporting and importing again.

Thanks.

Double post, brb

Dear,

Using the importer it worked by removing the last section (this had no 3rd party plugins however), just an imaga and a header. But now, once the page is imported to the live site, I can see the elements in the element inspector view, but not in the visual editor.

The visual editor just shows the header and footer. When I view the page, all content is loaded.

What is going wrong here? Will attach a screenshot

BR

Hello @yvescleeren,

Please ensure that there are no JS error on the Cornerstone preview page. And make sure that you you have increased your PHP memory limit to at least 256MB with 300ms PHP max execution time. I have tried to use the crdentials of your staging site and log in the live site. It does not work. Would you mind providing us access to your live site so that we can investigate?

Thank you.

I am not using any JS
Please try the following login credentials

Hello @yvescleeren,

I have investigated the issue and it seems that there is something wrong with your homepage. I exported your contact page and exported it to the live site. It were successfully added in the templates section. There could be some missing or invalid characters or entries in your homepage that will break the template once you import it. And if your homepage came from the old templates then there could be some feature gaps. I recommend restoring your site to the version where Template Manager is not yet available. Then clone it to a staging and do the updates there (for Template Manager to become available). Then on your existing contents, save them as templates. This process will then make the templates conform to the new template manager.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.