WP Posting Page not correct displayed

Hello,

I’m using xtheme with x-child.

Since yesterday my “postings-editor” does have a display error.

I’ve installed some plugins (like SEMRUSH) which are usually displayed at the bottom of the editor page. At start they are at the bottom. But when scrolled down they rise and are dislayed in front of the blocks and covering them. Blocks are still editable but I cant see what I’m writing.

I’ve made a screenshot where I have a test posting with 10 blocks. Each containing one letter vom a-j.

Thanks for helping out.https://scooterundroller.de/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/wp-fehler-beitr%C3%A4ge-ansicht.jpg

Hello Martin,

Thanks for writing in!

I checked the website and the screenshot regarding the issue you are facing with WordPress editor. In that regards providing direct support for the same will fall outside the scope of support we can offer. Having said that please try out following solution:

1. Under Appearance > Themes at first activate parent theme to see if the problem is coming because of the changes made in child theme. If that does not resolve the problem then try activating different theme.
  2. I see you are using Autoptimize plugin. Please clear the cache and disable any optimization service.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Thanks.

Hello and thanks for the advices! great to have them.

I’ve done everything you supposed to do.

1. Changed to various themes, everytime the same.
  2. Deactivated Autoptimize. Didn’t work.
  3. Deactivated all plugins. Direct and with health checker plugin. After any plug in was activated which uses the bottom it is displayed in the wrong position.
  4. Increased the php limits as written down. No effect either.

Without being close to someone who knows coding…it seems theres something broke with the wordpress installation. The supposed position in the posting area seems to be incorrectly described or used.

Do you see any chances for resetting this without losing the site?

Hello Martin,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Can you share WordPress login details in secure note so I can take a look at the setup? I would like to let you know that I am going outside the scope of support to help you in this matter. Basically I will be looking for the issues that might be causing the problem and accordingly shall suggest you to relevant solutions.

You also have the option of reinstalling WordPress. For that I suggest you to take a complete backup of the website. To take a complete backup please take a look at following tutorial.

After that copy the website to a staging server. We are doing so because if any issues come up the same can be looked at without affecting the live website. You can take a look at following tutorial to create staging server.

Next, on staging server you need to reinstall WordPress. Please take a look at following tutorial to learn more. Once you have reinstalled WordPress, recheck WordPress editor and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Hello and thanks again for the help,

I figured out whtat it was and how to fix it. There’s a Chrome 77 and WP issue. See also https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/17406 including the solution to solve this. Will also be solved in the next chrome / wp updates in october/november.

Thanks again for the help!

Glad it’s working now, you’re most welcome! And thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.