Wp pagespeed ninja - do not use - need help

Hi everyone… in my efforts to try and speed up my site - as it is taking over 8 seconds to load . .and very low score, i installed the plugins Autoptimze and WP pagespeed ninja . . the first plugin worked well and was doing the job . .then it recommended to install the other . …as an extra ( i think ) - and when i used the wp ninja plugin, it immediately ruined all my work. - the home page with xthem - was working fine - with the slider rev & java movements - as normal . . but this plugin took away all the ‘smoth’ moves and image renders . . and removed my rev slider from the homepage - so the site is now loading fine . . ( faster ) - but without all the glory i had before it was installed. so i de-activated - and reset the cashes - but nothing came back.

so even images are not loading for some reason as well. and in the menu bar, ( which was all on 1 line ) now the search bar and the dollar value icon are now on separate lines - making the menubar on 3 lines instead of one. - ( i went to host support ) and removed the plugins - but they have no cron backup - since i have over 10bm as my site ( with over 2000 items ) - they did what they could - but can not understand why the images are still not loading or whey the srev is not working or the java is not visible. - can someone please shed some help - thanks - andrew - www.nailcrazy.com

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
I can see the site is complete broken and there are few image in the site I am not sure if all the images are loading or not.
As you mentioned that the cause of the issue by a third party plugin, we are really sorry but that is something out of our theme support scope and we can’t give any more support on this. But I suggest you few troubleshooting process to see if your issue can resolved.

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
  8. Delete all theme and plugins file and reinstall it.

Hope this helps!

thanks for writing in and the suggestions you made i will try to follow - although as a novice - i dont think i will get very far. and as the host support said . .if i try things im not sure of - i might make things worse. and as i ( in my nubie mind ) am deducting that the static movement of the site - it seem no java or css is working ( i think ) - so im trying to go to X - theme options - but thats not working either - its just stuck in a frozen spinning ball. - why is this not working - cuase this is a back end X tool ::}} - i know i can remove css and Java safely - but its not working - your advice is greatly appreciate . . . ( could it be i have to re install xtheme - ) - and maybe that will fix ?? if i have corrupted css or java files . . maybe things would come back to normal. then again - i dont know what a java file is or does - so im just guessing. thanks - ps im also posting this thread to help others who may end up in the same situation :] you help and support is greatly appreciated.

Hi There,

Follow the steps as I have mentioned and let us know the result.

Thanks

hi again . . . SUCCESS !!! i managed to get my site back to normal ( from what i see ) … so the trick was to uninstall all and any non critical plugins one by one - so for the sake of anyone who might fall in this situation … . . the plugins i de activated were -
WP deferred javaScript
WP Add Mime Types
W3 Total Cache
I Order Terms
Async JavaScript
Autoptimize

and like a magic wand . . everything back to normal :}} - hope this helps.

so the only thing i am noticing is not correct is the top menu bar. if you go www.nailcrazy.com my top menu was all on one line… thin and on the right hand side - there was ‘my account’ then the search bar and the cart $ value.

now the menu if you look is on 3 lines - with the menu items on the top line - then on the second line the seach link ( on the left )
then on the 3rd line - the dollar value.

can you please help me get everything on one line - to keep the menu bar thin and nice looking - thanks :}

Hi There,

Thanks for the update!
We are really glad to know that your site is back to normal.

Please add this CSS to your Theme Option -> Global CSS . and let us know how this goes.

#mega-menu-primary li.x-menu-item {
display: inline-block;
padding: 0px 5px;
}

Hope this helps!

worked like a charm . . .

is there by any chance a CSS script that can be used to show the payment logos ( im using paypal and all major credit cards with braintree as well ) - but i do not know how or if its possible to get the little logos on the footer or at least in the check out page ( i would like both ) - big thanks - a

Hi,

To display the logos, you can try adding the code below in Theme Options > CSS

.woocommerce-account form .payment_methods label img, 
.woocommerce-checkout form .payment_methods label img {
    display: inline-block;
}

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.