WP Gif Player

I’ve been trying to get the above plug-in working (WP Gif Player) though it appears to have been abandoned several WP versions back.
Right now it works as it should, only it won’t load a thumbnail of the gif, just an icon saying GIF.
Is there a way I can load a separate image, and drop the icon directly on top.
That way they see a frame of the gif, and click on the button to play it?
Basically, layer a text element (containing the code created by Gif Player) on top of an image element?
Thanks,
Sean

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

The question you asked is for a third party plugins, which is beyond our theme support scope or expertise.
We are really sorry but this is some thing need custom development. We would like to encourage you to take help from the plugin developer of take help from a developer to do this for you.

Let us know if we can help you anything related to theme.

Thanks

okay, follow up question.
Can I layer a text element on top of an image element?
From the builder, and not doing it first in an editing program.
Thanks!
-Sean

Hello there,

Yes. You can do this by using [content_band] shortcode. Please follow guidelines on how to use this:

First, add a text element into your section/column. Then insert your [content_band] shortcode in your text element.

Thank you.

Great. I’m getting close. My image I want for the background is 600x600 px. Right now, it is coming up full width, but only 200px or so in height. What should I add to the code for that?

Hi again,

Can you please share the URL of the page in question so we can take a look?

Thanks!

Sure. This is a test post, just to get this idea working.
http://www.seano-donnell.com/2018/03/07/gif-test/
Here’s the code I used, which may be my problem?
[content_band bg_image=“http://www.seano-donnell.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/S1-CGA_2.0_spin-TH.jpg” [/content_band]
My next step would be to place something on top of the bg image, with this code: [WPGP gif_id=“206” width=“600”]

Hi again,

Thank you for sharing the URL. Since it’s a background image and it will take the height as of the content’s height. Currently you have no content that’s why you don’t see the full height image. To display the image full height irrespective of the content, you can add top and bottom padding equal to the height of your background image. Please replace your code with following code:

[content_band style="color: #fff;" bg_color="#ffddea" bg_image="http://www.seano-donnell.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/S1-CGA_2.0_spin-TH.jpg" padding_top="300px" padding_bottom="300px" border="all" inner_container="true"] [custom_headline style="margin-top: 0;" level="h4" looks_like="h3"]Cool Headline[/custom_headline] <p>some content</p> [/content_band]

Let us know how this goes!

Thanks, Nabeel!
I now have the image in the background displayed perfectly. There had been a small white outline, but when I switched the border “all” to border “none” it settled into the perfect aspect ratio without the outline. Using the code you provided I can easily drop text on top. However, when I try to place the gif on top, when the play button is activated, the loaded gif is pushing the bg image to the top and bottom of the box. You can see it in action here: http://www.seano-donnell.com/2018/03/07/gif-test/
Is there a piece of code to fix this?
-Sean

Hi there,

Unfortunately, that is a Javascript code replacing the GIF with the image and that image is big and changes the whole height of the container. there is nothing we can do about this. You will need to contact the plugin developer which has this functionality and ask them for help.

Thank you for your understanding.

No sweat! Thanks for trying.
Hopefully someday all GIFs will load as controllable entities.

Okay, I did find a jquery plugin that is supposed to do what I am looking for. I haven’t manually added a plugin in, and it calls for me to add a pair of .js and corresponding .css file on to the site. Do I add these to the pro folders for js and css, or drop them into the pro-child folder? Then will I need to edit/add a wp-enqueue script in the functions.php?

Hi There,

Please keep those files in child theme and enqueue it via function file!

Cheer!

Thanks

Great! Always fun trying and learning something new. (and the safest way possible!)
Thanks!

If you need anything else please let us know.

Hi again. I added this to the functions.php in the pro_child folder after the section for Additional Functions:

function my_theme_scripts() {
wp_enqueue_script( ‘gifplayer’, ‘gifplayer.js’);
}

In the main folder (not the framework folder) I placed the following files: jquery.gifplayer.js, gifplayer.js and gifplayer.css

Inside a post (content element) I placed the following code, as per instructions that came with the plug-in:

It is loading the image fine, but not linking the gif to it, and activating the play button. What should I try changing or adding to either areas.
Thanks,
Sean

Hi there,

Would you mind providing a sample URL where you’re testing it? The pages are not found.

Plus, I can’t promise any solution since we can’t provide customization, nor support for 3rd party codes.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.