WP Cost Estimation & Payment Forms Builder not in backend-menu

There used to be an “E&P Form Builder” item (or simliar text) in the WP-Backends menu bar.

Right now - the link tot the settings-page, formbuilder etc. disappeared. The plugin is active and correctly shown in the frontend. I didn’t use the plugins backend for a few weeks, so I can’t tell after what update the menu-item dissapeared exactly.

Any Idea what happend?

Uli

Hey Uli,

The latest bundled version is showing up under WP Admin Menu in my test site so there’s probably something causing it in your site.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

3. If you’re using a child theme, please temporarily switch to the parent theme.

Only if none of that helps, please give us WordPress Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

• to 1.: I use E&P Version 9.6741, no update is shown in the WP-Backend. But in the compatibility-list it says: Latest Supported Version: 9.688 - where can I get this?
  • to 2.: I switched all used plugins off, one after another, and did reload the backend - menu item is still missing.
  • to 3.: I changed to the main theme - nothing changed

So I’ll send you access in a secure note.

Uli

Hi Uli,

The plugin is not active when I check. Tha’s the reason why it is missing on the admin backend. I activate the plugin and it is there now.

Please try manual update of the plugin. Check the guide from here.

Hi Lely,
probably I did deactivate the plugin while performing the conflict-testing. I can confirm, the menu item is visible now. Unfortunately it still isn’t visible in the main account. I’ll send you access to this one also, probably you can help.
I tried a manual Plugin-Update via the WordPress Backend. Although your update-guide says:

Deactivate, and delete the plugin. Your settings and content will be safe, since they are stored in the database, not the plugin files.

All my forms have gone after reinstalling and updating via the WP-Backend. This may not happen in the main account …

Best regards

Uli

Hi Uli,

Can you confirm you did it on live? Most probably it is another plugin hiding it. Make sure you didn’t deactivate EP while deactivating the other plugins and please save a backup of your live site while testing.

Hi Lely,

I again testet a new copy of the live site and found out, that the Plugin "
WordPress Inspector" causes the problem. I’ll inform their support and let’s see, wich of the two plugins has to be debugged :wink:

Thank you for your help.

But there is still the problem of the missing forms after the manual update of the E&P Plugin. How can I update without loosing my forms? And why is an available update not shown in the WP-Backend?

Best regards

Uli

Hi Uli,

Thanks for the information.

Data handling is per plugin’s standard. I recommend backing up your forms first before doing some re-insallation. It could happen to any plugin, but may not on others.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

shouldn’t there be a way of updating wordpress-plugins without loosing data? I do update several plugins every day - and with no other plugin I have to manually save and restore my data. There are not only forms that are needed, also the list of orders in the E&P has to be kept.

Till now this was no problem - an available update was shown in the WP backend, cliking on update - that’s it.
So if the actual situation without showing an update is not a new feature I dont understand, it might be bug that has to be fixed?

Best regards
Uli

Hi Uli,

Re-installation is different from updating the plugin, updating it shouldn’t delete any existing data. While re-installation is by deactivating and deleting so you could install it again, and that’s when the data may get deleted and that’s something we have no control. For example, a plugin could use this https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/register_uninstall_hook/ to tell Wordpress to do a cleaning after the plugin is uninstalled. It’s not a bug as they intentionally add that feature.

We always recommend doing a backup so you can restore them later.

Thanks!

I really would like to update, but how? There is no update shown in the wp-bakcend / pugins …

Hi Uli,

It seems the latest version is 9.691 and the one on the compatibility list is not yet updated. And I checked your site and it’s already updated to 9.691 which is greater than your previous 9.6.741

Thanks!

If the newest Version is 9.691 and not 9.688 as mentionned in the compatiblity list - everything is fine.

Thank you.

Uli

You’re always welcome Uli.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.