WP 5.0.3 and WPBakery Backend Editor is blank

My site was automatically updated to WP 5.0.3 by my hosting provider. And I am running X 6.4.6 with the legacy X integration activated. WP Bakery is 5.5.5. But when I choose to edit a page in the backend editor it first shows me the WP 5 block editor with my text and codes then down the bottom it shows the WPBakery backend editor as “You Have Blank Page”. Why isn’t my content in here?

With a different theme on a different site I had to update the theme to fix this issue… but it looks like I am running all the current versions of X. What do I need to do differently?

Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try installing the WordPress classic editor plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/classic-editor/) and see editing your page again.

If you’re still having issues, you need to disable your 3rd party plugins except Cornerstone plugin, Visual Composer plugin and see if you’re experiencing a plugin conflict. If the issue is resolved, then you can activate your plugins one by one to see which plugin causing the issue.

If you’re using a caching plugin, make sure to purge full cache before testing (https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-clear-your-cache-in-wordpress/).

In case if you cannot isolate the issue, provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to investigate this further.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

The classic editor did the trick, but I am not impressed that it took another plug-in to go backwards to fix it.

Thanks

Brian

Hey Brian,

Sorry for the confusion. WPBakery Page Builder 5.5.5 is not compatible with Gutenberg. I’m using 5.6 in my test site and it shows the Classic Editor out of the box and you have an option to Disable Gutenberg Editor. You don’t need the Classic Editor plugin for this. Please update WPBakery to the latest bundled version.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.