Wordpress emails to go spam folder

Hello, I learned that my leads from contact form 7 that’s set up to be sent to my gmail are being sent to my gmail spam folder. In order to fix this I activated the plug in “WP Mail SMTP.”

I went through the steps it guided me through to create my gmail “Client ID” and “Client secret” and connected my Authorized Redirect URI…

1. When I clicked authorize button to “Allow plugin to send emails using your google account” it took me to the google account login which I selected my account profile, then the next page said:

"This app isn’t verified
This app hasn’t been verified by Google yet. Only proceed if you know and trust the developer.

If you’re the developer, submit a verification request to remove this screen. Learn more"
with button options that said “Back to safety” or “Advanced”

From the tutorial it said to click “Advanced” so I did…

1. Then it said:
    "Google hasn’t reviewed this app yet and can’t confirm it’s authentic. Unverified apps may pose a threat to your personal data. Learn more

Go to deafboss.com (unsafe) "

which gave me the option to select “Go to deafboss.com (unsafe)” which the tutorial also said to click that, so I did…

1. Then the next page said:
    "Hi Elisha

elisha.jancik@gmail.com
deafboss.com wants to
Send email on your behalfMore info
Allow deafboss.com to do this?
By clicking Allow, you allow this app to use your information in accordance to their terms of service and privacy policies. You can remove this or any other app connected to your account in My Account"
…with the option to click “Cancel” or “Allow” which the tutorial said “Allow”

So I clicked the “Allow” button

1. Next I was sent to a page that said this:

“Not Acceptable!
An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security.”
…I also included a pic for reference

What should I do at this point?

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, Contact Form 7 works well without the “WP Mail SMTP” plugin. Maybe it was your “from” email address or something in your email message that is being filtered as spam?

Setting Up Mail

Please create a new form and let the mail settings as default and see if that sends your message to the inbox.

If that did not work, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.